Firecracker Spicy Noodles are so fast and easy to make at home using pre-packaged ramen! These noodles are ready in 15 minutes and have the best spicy and tangy sauce!
You wouldn't believe how budget friendly and amazingly flavor packed these noodles are! They are a must make for a busy weeknight and only take about 15-20 minutes at most to put together! Our Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles have been a blog favorite for three years now! It was definitely time for a new, fun and creative recipe using ramen. When coming up with this short and sweet recipe, I channeled all of the flavors from our easy Firecracker Chicken recipe! I can't get enough of that spicy and tangy sauce and knew it would work perfectly on noodles. It's so crave worthy, we've been making these a lot lately!
All you need for this dish are a few packages of ramen, and toss out that spice packet. Then, we make a simple little pan sauce! The sauce just uses olive oil, green onion, garlic, buffalo sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a good squeeze of lime juice. It's amazing how such simple, pantry staple ingredients can create a flavor explosion for your mouth! Boil your noodles in one pan and cook the sauce in a skillet at the same time to have this one really ready and on the table in no time.
Firecracker Spicy Noodles Recipe Notes:
- Any brand of ramen noodles work fine for this recipe. The ones I use are 3 ounce single packages, so keep that in mind if your packages are a little bit larger. I usually buy a big box of ramen in bulk since they're so cheap! Then we have noodles around to make this anytime.
- Don't be tempted to use the spice packet that comes with the ramen! Toss it out, or save it to add when you're making poached or shredded chicken in your crockpot. If you add it, this recipe will be too salty.
- Low sodium soy sauce is best here! I always and only purchase low-sodium soy sauce. It keeps you in control of how salty your dish is. If you are using regular soy sauce, you'll want to cut the amount in half.
- This recipe uses 3 packets of ramen and will serve 2-4 people, depending on how hungry you are. For us, it serves a family of 4 with a veggie side dish to go with it. You can easily double or triple this recipe with no issues!
- We found that leftovers of these noodles were really good! I'd recommend eating any leftovers within 2 days for best taste and noodle texture.
Firecracker Spicy Noodles
- 3 3 Ounce Packages Ramen Noodles SEASONING PACKET DISCARDED
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Green Onions White and Green Parts Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce Such as Frank's Red Hot Buffalo
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice or Rice Vinegar
- Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the white part of the green onions and the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, buffalo sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the pan and whisk to combine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Add the drained ramen to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve topped with the remaining green onions.