**This post contains affiliate links**
Funfetti donuts are super easy to bake up in less than 20 minutes right in your own kitchen a perfectly sweet and sprinkly way to satisfy your donut cravings!
What happens when you feel the sudden urge to indulge your donut craving and you still have the most ridiculous amount of sprinkles in your cabinet? (Remember my cookie bar post) Funfetti donuts, of course. I like that these are baked and not fried. I like that they can be made quickly, because, when I want a donut I want it now. Basically I wanted it 10 minutes ago and furiously whip these donuts like a sprinkle crazed maniac.
Let's take a look at our party in a donut sprinkle dough here. Right after these guys come out of the oven they are super soft....I don't just mean like, oh yum soft donuts are good, I mean please let them cool all the way until you remove them from the pan or they will fall apart. Then you'll be sadly holding donut crumbs and eating them out of your hand, and I don't want that to happen to you.
Now that you have tolerated my random sprinkle talk and lecturing on hot donut removal, let's actually talk about these babies. I am pleased to report that they are really sweet, fat, buttery donuts. Just like any of your favorites from the donut shop. But, better, because you made them and you're awesome. If you're looking for a donut pan you can find the one that I like *here* best investment ever, I am telling you!
I am not a donut discriminator, but, I will say sometimes donuts that are commercially prepared and especially the glaze just has this odd chemical taste that I can't get over. Another reason to make our own donuts at home, no strange taste, you know exactly what you put in there. This vanilla glaze is to die for. These super sweet tooth fixing donuts are to die for! Enjoy!
**Don't skip the salt in your vanilla glaze, it's important in making sure your donuts aren't overly sweet**
**These donuts can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and will stay fresh up to 3 days**
**You can follow me on Pinterest HERE and on Instagram HERE**
Printable recipe for you below!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ Cups confectioners sugar
- 3-5 Tbsp milk depending on how thick you like your glaze
- ⅛ Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 12 donut cups.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, sour cream and egg.
- Add butter, both sugars, and vanilla and almond to milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Spoon donut mixture into a large ziplock bag, and snip one corner (¼ inch) from bag.
- Pipe batter into the donut cups about ¾ full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from donut pan.
- Makes 12 donuts.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk by hand (or use stand mixer) until all ingredients are well combined.
I don't want these donuts in my life. I NEED these donuts in my life. So fun, so delicious, and so happening in my kitchen. YUM!
I NEED these donuts in my life on pretty much a daily basis and have to resist! Thanks, Karly! Hope you enjoy them!