These burrito bowls are a super easy weeknight dinner made in your slow cooker! Amazingly flavorful, budget friendly, filling, and healthy.
Come and follow me on Pinterest for more delicious food!
Here we are, starting the new year off right with a healthy (I mean, depending on how much cheese you put on here) burrito bowl dinner!
I'm also starting the new year off with a big, fat, evil, cold. Everyone is like "new year, new me" and I'm over here going "new year, new *sneeze* *cough* I'm going back to bed."
These bowls are absolutely on my dinner menu this week....I can't function but to do much more than put food in the slow cooker, and these are my saving grace.
Check out our video for these burrito bowls below so you can see just how easy they are!
While these are on the healthy side, they're also flavorful and filling enough to be classified as comfort food.
All of the flavor comes from the chicken cooking with TWO delish sauces and there is always plenty of sauce to coat your rice up with if you choose.
I am all about the sauce. When I go to any of the burrito bowl serving chain restaurants I get EXTRA salsa, guac, sour cream....anything to make it saucy, cozy, and a tad spicy.
Cheers to starting the new year off right, cheers to healthy/saucy/cozy winter dinners!
- 1 Pound chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 ounce Large can red enchilada sauce 19
- 1 ounce jar salsa verde 16
- ½ Red onion diced
- ½ Tsp . garlic minced (can use garlic powder)
- ¼ Tsp . salt
- Hot sauce (to taste optional)
- 1 ounces Can black beans 15
- 1 Cup corn (frozen canned or fresh)
- Hot cooked rice for serving
- TOPPINGS FOR SERVING : OPTIONAL
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Black olives
- Place thawed chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place the red onion, corn, black beans, and taco seasoning on top of chicken.
- Whisk together the red enchilada sauce, salsa verde, garlic, hot sauce, and salt and pour over the rest
- of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving, turn crock pot to warm and shred chicken.
- (I like to shred using my hand mixer, but two forks will work).
- Serve over rice, or in a bowl with tortillas on the side with your toppings of choice.