Easy Summer Watermelon Sangria is the ultimate refreshing summer cocktail! Sangria made easy with white wine, vodka, lime juice, and sugar, packed full of delicious watermelon flavor!
I am so excited about this super simple watermelon sangria! Quick confession time, I don’t even like watermelon! I refuse to eat it plain, but, put it into a cocktail and I will sip on it all summer long!
One of my favorite things about this particular watermelon sangria is how quick and easy it is to make. There is no simple syrup making involved at all!
The longest part of this recipe is actually the time it needs to chill. Otherwise, it takes about 10 minutes or so to put together. Chilling is pretty much mandatory though, this tastes better when the flavors have had time to come together and it is ice cold!
How to Make Watermelon Sangria:
To start, you will want a watermelon that is about 4 pounds for this recipe in order to have 6 cups of watermelon total. Simply cut up your watermelon into cubes or slices without the rind. If you need help with how to cut a watermelon, you can find a great quick tutorial right HERE.
Once your watermelon is cubed you will add it to your blender with your sugar. I always stick with around 1 Cup of sugar for this recipe, if you like your sangria sweeter, feel free to go up to 2 Cups!
Next, set a fine mesh strainer over a large pitcher and pour the blended watermelon juice through. Use a spatula to work the watermelon juice into the pitcher leaving the “foam” behind.
Then, you will add your wine, vodka, and lime juice to the pitcher. From here I recommend giving it a taste. This sangria has a super strong watermelon flavor! If you find the flavor very strong, go ahead and add 1-2 cups of water to the pitcher as well.
As far as the white wine for this sangria, I recommend using your favorite! If you prefer a dryer wine then use something like Chardonnay. If you prefer a sweeter wine, you can use a sweeter Reisling or Moscato.
Easy Summer Watermelon Sangria
- 6 Cups Cubed Watermelon
- 1-2 Cups Sugar
- 1 750ml Bottle White Wine
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-2 Cups Water or Sparkling Water, Optional (See Note)
- Add the cubed watermelon and sugar to your blender and blend until no chunks of watermelon remain.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a large pitcher and pour the watermelon juice through.
- Add the white wine, vodka, and fresh lime juice to the pitcher and stir well.
- NOTE: At this point taste the sangria. It does have a very strong watermelon flavor. If it is too strong for you add 1-2 cups of water to the pitcher before chilling.
- Chill the sangria for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with extra watermelon cubes and lime slices if desired.