Easy Greek Chickpea Salad is a simple, summery salad packed full of vegetables and flavor! Enjoy this refreshing salad as a side or main dish!
Chickpea salad is a combination of garbanzo beans along with your favorite chopped fresh vegetables, cheese if you wish, and a simple dressing. I love these salads because they make a great main dish in the summer when I am looking for something refreshing. It’s also a great healthy and light side dish in addition to your favorite Baked Chicken!
Greek style chickpea salad is my personal favorite because of all the different flavors and textures. This salad is loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta, and olives! If you love this summery salad be sure to try my Chopped Greek Salad and my Classic Pea Salad as well!
How to Make Chickpea Salad:
- Chickpea salad is simple to make. It typically takes me about 10-15 minutes from start to finish. First things first, I whip up the simple dressing.
- Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano are what goes into our dressing, doesn’t get more simple than that! I make the dressing first and set it aside while I chop up the onion, tomato, and cucumber, to let the flavors combine a little bit before serving.
- After all of your veggies are chopped you can simply combine them with kalamata olives (I buy pre-sliced to save on time) garbanzo beans and feta. Toss with your dressing and serve!
How Long Does Chickpea Salad Last?
Chickpea salad actually tends to taste better when made ahead! I recommend chilling for at least one hour before serving for best flavor. However, you can serve right away. This salad will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days for best results.
Easy Greek Chickpea Salad
- 1 15 Ounce Can Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded and Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, diced cucumber, diced tomato, chopped onion, and olives.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Be sure to follow along with us on Facebook, we always share the tastiest recipes!