Crockpot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Pork - An easy recipe for the BEST ever crockpot pulled pork! This pork is slow cooked to perfection with BBQ sauce, spices, bourbon, and the addition of bacon for even meatier barbecue flavor. We love this BBQ pulled pork recipe that makes slow cooker pulled pork tenderloin the most tender and flavorful!
Ok, can I please make myself sound a little "official" here and just say if there is one thing that I know well, it's good BBQ.
A lot of people attribute BBQ with Kansas City - which is the right thing to do because it's amazing there.
It's also amazing everywhere in Kansas!
I'm 99.9% certain that everyone here grows up eating BBQ on a weekly basis. It's a mouthwatering staple around here.
Pulled pork is one of the first things I ever started making - It's really simple and honestly our fave dinner in my house.
Since it was one of the first things I attempted to cook, you can imagine by now that I've made it about a trillion and a half different ways over the years.
I'm telling you, I'll never switch up my recipe again. This one is just right. And I'll tell ya why!
I want my pulled pork to have MAX flavor!
For that to happen, I do a simple spice rub and massage it right into the meat first.
Then, a simple sauce - brown sugar, bourbon, apple cider vinegar, and your favorite BBQ sauce.
The apple cider vinegar helps to make the meat extra tender!
This sauce turns out so rich - not too sweet, just right on the tang. It's perfection.
After the pork has cooked and shredded, we add in about 1 cup of cooked crumbled bacon.
More if you want - never enough bacon.
It's a meaty sandwich, tender, tons of flavor, rich and tasty!
Enjoy this pulled pork! It couldn't be easier to make or more melt in your mouth to eat!
Note: Don't be intimidated by the ingredient list - it's mostly all seasoning!
Crockpot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Pork
- 2 Pounds Boneless Pork Loin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Bourbon
- 8 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- Place the pork loin in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, pepper, cumin, and cayenne. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the meat and massage into all sides for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar and bourbon. Pour over the pork loin. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork using two forks. Mix in the cooked and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
I shared this recipe over at The Weekend Potluck!
Katie Schulz says
I want to make this for about 20 people, should I adjust the recipe, for the sauce particular?
Yes, if you are feeding 20 I would double the meat and seasonings. For the sauce I'd say you don't have to double but can if that's your preference but it would be fine as is.