Creamy White Bean and Bacon Tortellini Soup – This creamy tortellini soup is the absolute best soup for fall and winter! Easy to make using only one pot, full of bacon, white beans, cheese tortellini!
Ok, you guys. Please allow me to introduce you to my newest soup obsession: Creamy White Bean Bacon and Tortellini Soup.
This soup isn’t just “good” it’s blow your mind, knock your socks off, heart warming, soul satisfying, most amazing cold weather soup ever.
I’ve seen so many versions of tortellini soup on Pinterest, have made several, this is the one my family loves most.
What’s not to love about cheese tortellini, salty bacon, and creamy white beans all in a velvety chicken and cream broth?
Not only is this soup really flavorful, it’s all whipped up in one pot for an easy dinner, and super simple cleanup!
In the video below I show you how to make creamy tortellini soup, but let’s go over a few things/steps right here, first!
- Cook your bacon first to desired doneness. But, do cook it all the way through and make sure it’s completely done when you remove it from the pan.
- Don’t leave the bacon in the pan, add it in at the end. So, you cook your bacon and remove it to a paper towel lined plate while you get your broth cooking. If you don’t, your bacon will end up either overcooked or mushy, and nobody wants that!
- There is no butter or flour in the soup! It becomes creamy with the use of heavy cream, which keeps the broth hearty but light. If you’d like you can use half & half.
- Feel free to use more or other meats. This tortellini soup is great with added chicken, or Italian sausage as well.
Enjoy, and check out our video for this recipe below!
Creamy White Bean and Bacon Tortellini Soup
- 8 Slices Bacon, Diced
- 1 Small White Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Can White Beans
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 9 Ounce Package Cheese Tortellini
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the diced bacon. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is slightly softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the beans, cream, and parmesan, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the tortellini and bacon. Cook for 10 minutes until tortellini is cooked through.