Cranberry Pecan Roasted Vegetables – Roasted butternut squash, brussel sprouts, and red onion make for an easy and gorgeous holiday side dish recipe! These oven roasted fall vegetables are amazingly flavorful with a simple maple cinnamon butter plus dried cranberries and pecans!
So, I’ve been working on getting all of my favorite side dish recipes up in time for Thanksgiving, or at least as many as I can pack into this year anyway!
I originally shared this dish over at Yellow Bliss Road where I’ve done some contributor posts, and now it’s time to get it up here for you all as well!
Most of the side dishes I have shared up to this point have been super cheesy and or over the top decadent. It was a great time for these roasted veggies to make their appearance.
A lighter kind of side dish that still tastes sinful because of the amazing caramelized flavors we have going on here!
One thing I want to chat about here is how to handle a butternut squash! Some people seem intimidated by the peeling, seeding, and cubing – well, it’s not hard at all and here are the steps!
- Cut off both ends of the squash first. The top and bottom both need to come off so that you can stand the squash upright.
- Once the ends are off, and your squash is standing up, use a sharp chef’s knife to remove the skin. You’ll peel the skin downwards towards your cutting board with the knife. I personally find this much easier and faster than using a vegetable peeler!
- After the skin is off, leave your squash standing up and slice through the middle from top to bottom so that you have two pieces.
- Scrape the seeds out of the squash with a large spoon. Lay the squash flat and cut into long sticks.
- Once you have a bunch of long squash “sticks” simply cut them into bite sized cubes.
If you’re looking for other amazing holiday side dishes, be sure to give these a try:
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Super Easy Cheesy Corn
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry Pecan Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the prepared vegetables in an even layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter mixture and stir or toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown. Add the cranberries and pecans to the baking sheet with the vegetables. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.