This cheesy corn is a super easy to put together side dish - full of corn, three different kinds of cheese, and garlic, this skillet is packed with melty deliciousness and flavor - a perfect casserole for any day of the week or any holiday with minimal work and only 20 minutes from your oven to your table!
Don't forget to PIN IT to keep the recipe handy for later!
Can I please just tell you all that this sinfully cheesy corn that you see in front of your beautiful eyes was almost a salad. It's true. I had an idea for a corn salad in my head. Then, my love of cheesy things got the better of me as usual.
I like salad. I eat it on the daily. But it doesn't typically inspire me the same way a bunch of stringy gooey cheese does. Sorry lettuce, your kinda uninspiring, but I'm still gonna eat you, because you're good for me.
I first came up with my version of cheesy corn over the summer. We go camping, and swim, and play all day, and when it's time to eat I always want something really hearty in addition to grilled meat. Who am I trying to kid, when we have this corn I usually skip the meat and anything else put in front of me and dive into a sea of cheese and sweet corn, and refuse to come back.
Bye, I'm eating the most delicious thing ever, don't bother me.
Of course I've had other versions of this dish. But....they just don't quite do it for me.
They were always too sweet. Just frozen corn with a block of cream cheese melted on top. While that's all fine and dandy, this girl desires FLAVOR.
My cheesy corn (you can use fresh, frozen, or canned) is full of not only the standard cream cheese but, also Monterrey Jack, cheddar, and garlic. Sounds simple right? It is! These small additions send your corn into another realm though, I promise.
Good luck trying not to eat the whole pan of this to yourself.
NOTE: This Recipe was originally posted with the video on 9/28/2016. The video shows me making this recipe in a cast iron skillet, the update I made for photos I used a 9x9 inch baking dish. Feel free to use either!
One Skillet Cheesy Corn (Video Recipe)
- 4 Cups Corn
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 3 Cups Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a cast iron skillet or 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, monterrey jack, cheddar, and seasonings with a hand mixer. Stir in the corn, and pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl melt the butter, stir in the crushed ritz crackers until well coated. Sprinkle the buttered crackers on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.