Cranberry Chicken Salad – The best ever chicken salad that is full of cranberries, apples, and pecans! This chicken salad makes the perfect wrap or sandwich for a light fall lunch or dinner!
Well, happy Monday you guys!
Did anyone see the full eclipse today?
Where I’m located, we had 95% totality, so I should have had an amazing view, right?
Sadly, not the case. I DID get to see it starting, but by the time everything got really good, it was stinking cloudy!
Thanks so much, Kansas weather!
I guess I shouldn’t complain too much. We are starting to get those cooler fall mornings that I love so much.
It’s around this time every year that I start craving these Cranberry Chicken Salad Wraps.
Morning time may feel like fall, but the afternoons are still pretty warm, so I need a light lunch or dinner that gives me those Autumn flavors I’m longing for.
This salad is super simple to make a big batch of and keep in the refrigerator for lunch all week!
It’s great as a wrap, on your favorite bread, or even on top of lettuce if you want to keep it healthy.
I LOVE pecans so that’s what I have always made my chicken salad with.
Feel free to use walnuts or almonds if you prefer, that’s really just a matter of taste.
I also always add dijon mustard to my chicken salad because I feel like it adds an amazing pop of flavor. If you’re a mustard hater, just leave it out, doesn’t affect the recipe at all!
The best way to keep this quick and simple is to use a ready-made rotisserie chicken from your grocery store.
Or, you can check out my recipe for Crockpot Shredded Chicken!
Cranberry Chicken Salad
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pecans, Walnuts or Almonds can be substituted
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Fold in the shredded chicken, cranberries, pecans and chopped apple.
- Serve as is on top of lettuce, or on your favorite wrap or bread!