Chicken Alfredo Soup - This easy to make Chicken Alfredo Soup with Broccoli is sure to become a family favorite! A super creamy soup that tastes just like everyone's favorite comfort food pasta dish!
I'm going to boldly say that this is my families new fave soup! It's the perfect, rich, and cheesy dinner treat to counteract all of this gloomy weather business that's going on.
This soup was first posted over at Yellow Bliss Road where I am a contributor!
It’s incredibly easy to make, all in one pot. The ingredients are simple but produce a really rich and velvety soup. Tastes like something you would get at a restaurant, but you’ve made it at home and in 30 minutes or less. That’s my kind of meal!
I know I said above that it’s cold and gloomy, but I’m really very excited that fall is finally here! I love the crisp, cool, mornings and that delicious smell in the air. This is the time of year that I really get inspired to create new recipes and can’t wait to be in the kitchen. Cozy-ing up with my family and a big warm bowl of this Chicken Alfredo Soup feels like magic!
Even though I want to spend all of my time in the kitchen during the cold weather months, that’s not always an option. That’s why I made it my mission to make this a one-pot soup. Now, you will have to steam your broccoli separately from the soup, because we don’t want to run the risk of the soup turning green!
What I do to keep that super easy is purchase the frozen broccoli that you can steam right in the bag. It usually takes about 4-5 minutes in the microwave and you can get that going in a snap while your noodles cook. For the pasta, I recommend using egg noodles for one reason, they cook fast! This way your pasta cooks quickly and you still have plenty of liquid for your soup!
If you're looking for other fantastic cold weather soups, give these a try:
Chicken Alfredo Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets Cooked
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken diced or shredded
- 2 Cups Uncooked Egg Noodles
- In a large pot over medium heat saute the onion and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Whisk in the flour and cook whisking constantly for 2 minutes until bubbly. Whisk in the chicken stock and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles and simmer for 10 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in the chicken, broccoli, and parmesan.