Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers are a fun and easy appetizer for a crowd that's sure to have everyone coming back for more! Mini peppers stuffed with a tasty mixture of cream cheese, shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese!
This post first appeared over at Eazy Peazy Mealz (Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers) where I’m a contributor.”
Football season just happens to be my most favorite time of year! I think the best part is having a big crowd of friends or family over to enjoy heaps of delicious snacks. I love dips, like this Key Lime and sliders like these Bacon Roast Beef Sliders are always on the menu!
At our last football party, I decided I wanted to shake things up a bit. I liked the idea of little bite-sized appetizers that weren’t just something plain ordinary.
Well, I’m happy to report that these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers were a complete hit! They quite literally disappeared right before my eyes. It’s kind of like everyone gets their own buffalo dip inside an edible pepper cup!
So, these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers are incredibly easy to make. Let’s talk about a few quick tips that will ensure you enjoy every last bite!
Tips for making Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers:
• If you have never used mini bell peppers, you can find them in the produce section at your local grocery store. They typically come in packages of 12 or 24.
• Make sure you clean the seeds out of the peppers after you cut them in half. If you don’t, the stuffing may have a bitter taste.
• Soften your cream cheese on the counter. Plan ahead to let it sit out (in its package) for about 30 minutes before making this recipe. Softening cream cheese in the microwave sometimes makes it “greasy.”
• Use a rotisserie chicken to save time! Grab one from your grocery store deli, they shred up super fast and will have the perfect amount of chicken for this recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese, Divided
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom and remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce, ½ cup of the shredded cheese, and garlic powder.
- Place the peppers cut side up in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Evenly divide the chicken mixture between the peppers.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and remove the foil. Top the peppers with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Return to oven for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.