This breakfast pizza is the absolute best! An easy 30 minute, homemade, buttery, crust - topped with gravy, bacon, eggs and cheesy goodness!
I've decided that we're just going to call it pizza week over here at The Salty Marshmallow. I just posted my Easy Miracle Pizza Dough Recipe that is so fast and easy to make! and now to go along with it - breakfast pizza and cheese sticks!
Because, why not? Pizza makes my world go round, you guys.
If you want to see the pictures of the dough being made you can find them right HERE in the original post for the 30 minute crust.
Check out our video for miracle dough below! I'm obssssseeeessssed with the stretchy cheese shots. It's all I've been talking about all week in anticipation of getting these recipes out to you.
My kids are like, mom, we get it....stretchy cheese....stop already!
So, our friend breakfast pizza. Since the crust is really simple, I like to keep my life easy with the toppings as well.
The yeast needs 10 minutes to proof, so that's when I scramble my eggs.
I truly typically buy the pre-cooked bacon and keep handy in my fridge for times like this as well. Just pop it out of the package, dice it up, boom, ready to go.
I like to use a combo of mozzarella, cheddar, and monterrey jack for this. Use whatever cheese you love, swap out the bacon for ham or sausage if you prefer.
I also just use the packet of sausage or "white" gravy from the grocery store for this pizza.
If you aren't a gravy person, I recommend brushing the crust with garlic butter instead! It's just amazing no matter what.
This is easily the top tier, favorite, can't get enough, pizza in my house.
We actually usually have it for dinner, but it's great for weekend brunch as well.
It's that dinner I always get a big "YESSSSS" from the kids when I announce we're having breakfast pizza.
Don't forget to come follow me on Pinterest - I'm always pinning the tastiest food!
- 1 Pound Pizza Dough (one recipe or one pound store bought dough)
- 1 Pound Bacon, Cooked and crumbled
- 6 Eggs Scrambled
- 1 Package Country Gravy Mix, Prepared to package directions, OPTIONAL
- 2-3 Cups Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle a large, clean work surface lightly with flour.
- Roll or pat the dough out into a large circle about ¼ inch thick, and place on oiled pizza pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and top as desired. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Optional: In a small bowl, microwave the butter and garlic. Remove pizza from oven and brush with the garlic butter, place pizza under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until crust is golden brown.