Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole is a majorly mouthwatering breakfast casserole! Made with cinnamon rolls, cream, and a delicious banana topping!
Now this french toast casserole is in fact the breakfast of champions. What’s not to love here? The base of the dish is diced up refrigerator cinnamon rolls soaked in vanilla and cinnamon cream. Then, the real magic happens when it comes out of the oven and is topped with irresistible bananas foster sauce! I have several french toast dishes like my Blueberry French Toast Casserole and my Ham & Cheese Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, but this one has easily moved into first place. You’ll love that it takes about 5-10 minutes to put the base together, then the sauce comes together while it bakes. So easy!
How To Make Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole:
- Start by preheating your oven and generously buttering a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- You’ll use 2 packages that each have 8 refrigerated cinnamon rolls. Lay the rolls out on a cutting board and slice each into 6 pieces, then lay them evenly in your baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, cream, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Pour evenly over the casserole and bake as directed in the recipe card below.
How To Make The Bananas Foster Sauce:
Typically, bananas foster sauce has rum, and you can add some in if you’d like. I chose to leave it out of this dish to keep it as family friendly as possible. Be sure to read my notes in the recipe card if you’d like to ad rum!
- Melt your butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a bubble and whisk constantly for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced bananas and pecans.
- Pour the sauce immediately over the casserole when it comes out of the oven.
This one is obviously a splurge, so you might as well as enjoy it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream too!
Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole
- 2 (8 Count Each) Tubes Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 Stick 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Bananas Sliced Into Rounds
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Vanilla Ice Cream For Serving, Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls out into 8 rolls per tube and cut each roll into 6 pieces. Place in prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream, eggs, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour the cream mixture over the rolls and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce during the last 10-15 minutes of the casseroles cooking time.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a bubble while whisking constantly.
- Stir in the sliced bananas and chopped pecans and stir gently for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the cooked casserole.
- Serve the casserole immediately, topped with ice cream if desired.