This cheesy nacho soup combines all of those mouth watering nacho flavors that we love into an incredibly easy slow cooker soup! With only ten minutes of prep, and slow cooking to perfection, this soup is easy to love and will become a favorite to come home to after a busy day.
Remember to follow The Salty Marshmallow HERE on Pinterest for more recipes and all things that make me hungry!
I cannot believe I have waited so long to share this soup! I firmly believe that all of this cheesy, beefy, nacho-ey goodness needs to be shared with the world, and consumed as quickly as your spoon will allow.
This is one of my favorite soups for fall and winter. It takes me like 5 whole seconds to get in the crock pot (kidding, but seriously, only a few minutes to brown the beef and a few minutes to open a few cans). It smells SO heavenly while it’s cooking. It’s one of those that I can’t stay out of and I take a few spoonfuls throughout the day while it’s cooking.
Then end up with literally no spoons at dinner time, and I have to wash dishes so we can eat. Oops.
Random side note, because you know that’s what I do: I realized that my can opener has met it’s end when I made this soup the other day. It was an angering experience opening the cans of beans. I never thought I’d actually yell at a can opener, until I did. Bye can opener, we’ve had good times together, but you’ve got to go.
Reasons why I love this soup:
- It cooks all day and simmers to perfection
- Ten minutes of work, because sometimes I’m busy and don’t have time to mess around
- Utilizing canned beans, soups, and broth for practicality and convenience
- It’s thick and cheesy and perfect for dipping my chips in
There are more, but, I’m going to let you have your recipe now. Printable recipe below!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Nacho Soup
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 White onion chopped
- 1 10 3/4 Ounce can nacho cheese soup
- 1 10 3/4 Ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 15 Ounce can Pinto Beans
- 1 15 Ounce can Chili Beans
- 3 Cups beef broth
- 1/2 Packet taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings:
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Extra Cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink, and drain grease if necessary.
- Add the soups and beef broth to the slow cooker and stir or whisk to combine.
- Add the beef, chopped onion, taco seasoning, and both cans of beans to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- OPTIONAL STEP FOR THICKER SOUP: 30 minutes before serving, combine the softened butter in a bowl with the flour. Stir this mixture into the soup to thicken.
- Add shredded cheese to soup and stir.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Be sure to try out some of our other amazing soup recipes: