Shrimp Boil Pasta Salad is easy, creamy, and packed full of amazing flavor for the best shrimp pasta salad ever! Everyone will be asking for this pasta salad recipe!
Shrimp Pasta Salad:
This is what life consists of now, all the summer salads, I'm totally cool with it. I recently posted my very favorite Potato Salad and last year we put up a fantastic Macaroni Salad that I crave on the regular. This shrimp pasta salad is different from the norm though, it's a head turner, so to speak! The first time I had a pasta salad with shrimp....I'm not sure if we should even talk about it. It was covered in globs of some kind of intensely sweet mayo mixture. No thanks. Anyway, a good classic shrimp boil just screams summer, so why not get it involved with some pasta salad? This one is perfect as a side, but it also is super hearty and eats like a meal! Shrimp boil pasta salad is full of juicy shrimp, savory smoked sausage, summer corn, celery, bell peppers for extra crunch, and a savory and craveable Cajun style dressing!
How To Make Shrimp Boil Pasta Salad:
- You will cook one pound of rotini pasta according to package directions. Once it's cooked, drain in a colander and run the pasta under gentle cold running water until the pasta is no longer warm. This keeps the pasta from cooking any further.
- While the pasta is cooking, I like to go ahead and slice the smoked sausage into rounds, and dice up my celery, bell pepper, and green onions.
- Next, whisk together your dressing ingredients! We use mayo, dijon mustard, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, a bit of hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together, and for best flavor chill the salad for at least an hour before serving. Once assembled and refrigerated I find it's best to eat this within 2 days.
NOTE: I always get asked what kind of hot sauce I use as well as what Cajun seasoning I use. As far as hot sauce, I am partial to Cholula, to me it has the best flavor without adding too much heat. This pasta salad is NOT spicy at all, don't skip the hot sauce it adds great flavor! For Cajun seasoning, I either use Tony Cachere Creole Seasoning or Slap Ya Mama brand Cajun seasoning. They're both great, and you can find them at any grocery store with the rest of the spices.
Shrimp Boil Pasta Salad
- 1 Pound Rotini Pasta
- 1 Pound Cooked Thawed Shrimp
- 1 Pound Smoked Sausage
- 1 Cup Celery Diced
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- ½ Cup Green Onion Sliced
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- ½-1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Cook the rotini according to package directions. Drain in a colander, then run under cold water until pasta is chilled.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the smoked sausage into rounds, then cut each round in half.
- Add the smoked sausage, shrimp, celery, bell pepper, corn, and green onion to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and hot sauce. Taste the mayonnaise mixture and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the cooked and rinsed pasta to the shrimp mixture and stir.
- Pour over the dressing and stir until everything is well coated.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I substitute anything for the mayonaise?
Do you cook the sausage?
The recipe calls for smoked sausage which comes fully cooked 🙂
What brand of smoked sausage did you use in this recipe.
I believe I used Johnsonville 🙂
Colleen McPhee says
Do you think white solid tuna could work instead of shrimp. Some folks are allergic to sa food.
Sure, I think tuna would be great 🙂
This will be a sure hit for picnics!
Allyson Zea says
This is such a creative idea! I tried it over the weekend for our BBQ and everyone LOVED it!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
YUM!!! I love this delicious version!!!
Now I want to have shrimp for lunch! This looks so good!
Thank to learn this meal I had an interesting pasta recipe for my family's annual party. Honestly, my family is a craving fan of pasta dishes.
A great idea for a lazy Friday evening. Just a bowl and the Disney movie on Nexflit is so stunning.
What a great idea for dinner or summer picnics. It looks fabulous!
Beth Pierce says
This will make the perfect side dish with our cookout this weekend; looks delicious!
Dorothy Reinhold says
This is going to be a regular at our house this summer. This is such a fun summer dish!