Sheet Pan Maple Salmon is oven roasted to perfection with a smoky maple glaze and a side of potatoes! This weeknight salmon recipe is ready in only 30 minutes!
Sheet Pan Maple Salmon:
Loving all of the warm fall flavors in this easy salmon dinner! This salmon comes out so perfectly moist and tender, every time, it's hard to resist! The glaze is the real star of the show here for me anyway. It's a simple mixture of maple syrup, garlic, smoked paprika, chili powder, and a bit of olive oil! It's a savory, smoky, and sweet salmon that is so delicious paired with baby potatoes! Because of the potatoes, I consider this still a great autumn comfort food dish. It's also a meal on one pan which is perfect for our busy lives right now. The prep time is maybe 10 minutes or so, the potatoes roast for 10 minutes, then we add the salmon to the pan and give it about 12-15 more minutes and it's perfect! This meal is truly filling, a simple green salad will round things out! If you're a salmon lover, be sure to check out our Cajun Garlic Baked Salmon too!
Maple Salmon Recipe Notes:
- I decided not to use foil for cooking the salmon and potatoes this time. But, if you want even easier cleanup just line the pan with a good layer of heavy duty foil before roasting.
- Don't skip the smoked paprika, or use regular paprika in its place! Smoked paprika is a pantry staple for us, it adds so much good flavor! If you don't have it on hand, you could add a dab of liquid smoke instead.
- I used a bag of multicolored baby potatoes, but any potatoes will do. You want them to be in about 2 inch chunks to get cooked all the way through. I used 1.5 pounds of baby potatoes. If using regular russets, about 2 large potatoes should work.
- You can tell if salmon is done using a fork, or a meat thermometer. If using a thermometer, the salmon should be cooked to 145 degrees before consuming. Otherwise, the salmon will flake apart really easily with a. fork. Ovens vary, but 12 minutes is typically perfect in mine.
Sheet Pan Maple Salmon
- 1.5 Pounds Baby Potatoes Quartered
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Pound Salmon Filet
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a large sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the quartered potatoes on the sheet pan and toss with the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together the syrup, olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and chili powder until well combined.
- Remove the sheet pan carefully from the oven. Push the potatoes to the side.
- Place the salmon in the middle of the pan and brush or drizzle evenly with the maple glaze.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 12-15 more minutes until desired doneness is reached.
- Garnish with parsley if desired, serve immediately.