Roasted Air Fryer Potatoes are made flavorful with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic! Using the air fryer to roast the potatoes makes the cooking process nice and quick. The outsides are crisp, the insides are fluffy and every bite is pretty perfect!
Roasted Air Fryer Potatoes
I don’t know what I ever did before the air fryer. Actually, yes I do! Prior to the air fryer, I had to roast my potatoes in the oven. While that’s not the worst thing in the world, I like to free up oven space by using my air fryer! On big holidays and crazy weeknights, that oven space can be all too precious. Plus, the air fryer is quicker than the oven and it always yields the best potatoes that are crisp on the outside and so pillowy and tender on the inside. And when you use this flavorful recipe, you get delicious Italian flavors from herbs, parmesan, and the perfect amount of garlic!
What Kind of Potatoes are Best for Air Fryer?
You can use any type of potatoes you want! I used red potatoes for this recipe. It also works great with yellow potatoes, russet potatoes, or even baby potatoes. They all work well here and will crisp up nicely.
How to Make Roasted Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Prepare the potatoes. Cut your potatoes into 1 to 2-inch quarter sizes. Boil them for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Make the potatoes flavorful. Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until combined. Add the potatoes and gently toss to fully coat.
Cook the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes into the air fryer, forming a single layer in the basket. Work in batches if needed – you don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer or they won’t get crisp. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400°F.
Flip them. Turn the potatoes over and air fry for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on all sides.
Enjoy! Transfer the potatoes into a serving bowl and top with melted butter and fresh parsley. Serve immediately, and enjoy.
Storing Roasted Air Fryer Potatoes
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store air fryer potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-5 days. I recommend reheating the potatoes right back in the air fryer until warmed through to maintain that crisp consistency!
Do Potatoes Have to be in a Single Layer in the Air Fryer?
Yes! It’s important that your potatoes are in a single layer in the air fryer. This will help them crisp up perfectly and make sure that they are perfectly golden outside and soft inside.
Can I bake these in the oven?
Sure thing! You can bake the potatoes on a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper at 425°F for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Halfway through cooking, use a spatula to flip the potatoes over so they’re evenly roasted on all sides. Or, try our classic Roasted Potatoes out too.
Potatoes – You can use any. My favorites are red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, and russet potatoes. Just make sure you cut them into one to two-inch pieces.
Olive Oil – Avocado oil is a great substitute!
Parmesan Cheese – For the best flavor and consistency, use freshly grated parmesan cheese straight from the block. But any will work fine!
Garlic – I recommend using fresh garlic (not pre-minced) for the very best aroma and flavor.
Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper is all you need to make these potatoes flavorful. However, you can always add spices like garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes or whatever else your heart desires! Feel free to use this easy recipe as a blank canvas for whatever you’re craving.
Roasted Air Fryer Potatoes
- 3 Pounds Red Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil avocado oil is a great choice too
- 6 Large Cloves Garlic minced or finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Coarse Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley chopped
- Cut your potatoes into 1 to 2-inch quarter sizes.
- Boil your potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and drain your potatoes immediately.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until a paste is made.
- Add your potatoes to the bowl and gently toss until the potatoes are fully coated.
- With a spatula transfer the potatoes and the olive oil mixture onto the air fryer sheet/basket.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to make the potatoes in batches.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 ° F.
- Turn them over and bake for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and place them into a serving bowl.
- Evenly drizzle the melted butter over the potatoes.
- Top with the chopped parsley (2 tablespoons).
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.