Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are a flavorful but simple side dish recipe. Little prep time is required so this is an ideal side dish to toss in the oven while preparing the rest of your meal.
Though simple, these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes pack a flavorful punch. Garlic and parmesan are two things I’m convinced make almost any recipe better, and the addition of rosemary and oregano really takes this side dish recipe up a notch. I cook potatoes a few times a week in my house – in general they’re easy, filling and the whole family loves them (kids included). They are also versatile and work well as a side dish to most dinner recipes. Some of my other go-to potato recipes are these perfect Mashed Potatoes and Twice Baked Potatoes. The best part about this recipe is that it comes together fast, and you just toss everything in a bowl and mix it up! They can be prepared and ready to eat in around 30 minutes, and the majority of that time is baking time. I typically have everything I need to make these in the pantry, which means I can whip them up almost any night, without stopping by the store.
The Secret to Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
There are two secrets to a crisp, crunchy potatoes. One, do NOT boil the potatoes before roasting them. Doing so will result in mushy texture and since we’re using baby potatoes, boiling the potatoes before roasting them is an unnecessary step.
The second trick to crispy potatoes is to cook them in high heat, for a shorter period of time. Some recipes say to bake these potatoes for up to 45 minutes at a lower temperature but I’ve found that not only does a shorter cook time at higher heat mean a quick side dish, it also results in an extra crunchy that makes these my garlic parmesan potatoes my favorite.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- I prefer to use baby red or yellow potatoes, but you can sub in other potatoes, like russets for this recipe. Just make sure you cut them into bite sized chunks.
- It is important that you cut your potatoes into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly. With baby potatoes, you can usually just cut them in half, or in fourths, depending on size.
- Make sure to line your sheet pan with non stick foil, parchment paper, or a spray of non-stick spray to make sure they don’t stick!
- You can adjust the seasonings to your own preference. If you aren’t a fan of rosemary or oregano, just leave them out and you will still have the delicious garlic parmesan flavor!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 1.5 Pounds Baby Yellow or Red Potatoes Cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the butter, garlic, cheese, rosemary, salt, black pepper and oregano together.
- Pour it over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Line a large cookie baking sheet with sides with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Pour the potatoes out over the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir the potatoes and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.