Cheesy Ranch Potatoes are a mouthwatering potato side dish to spice up your dinner routine! These easy to make potatoes are creamy, cheesy, and ready fast!
This has got to be one of my favorite potato recipes to date! Chopped potatoes smothered in a creamy ranch sauce with bacon and cheese. Talk about a decadent side dish! It’s right up there on my list with my Hashbrown Casserole and these cream cheese Mashed Potatoes!
How to Make Cheesy Ranch Potatoes:
I used 3 large Russett potatoes for this recipe because that’s what I typically have on hand. This recipe also works well with red potatoes or Yukon gold. You will be looking for about 2 pounds of potatoes total.
- First things first, you will need to par-boil your potatoes after they have been washed, peeled and cut into cubes. Your cubes should be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches big.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot of cold water, then boil for 8 minutes just until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, grab a large bowl and whisk together the ranch dressing, sour cream, seasonings, and half of the cheese until well combined.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a greased cast iron skillet or 9×9 inch baking dish. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Place the potatoes into the oven. While the potatoes bake, cook 6 slices of bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, or to desired doneness.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and top with the remaining cheese, the bacon, and parsley or chives if desired.
- Bake for about 3 more minutes just until the cheese is melted.
What to Serve Ranch Potatoes With?
These are some of my favorite dinners to have with these cheesy potatoes!
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- 3 Large Potatoes, Cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Slices Bacon
- Add the cubed potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and boil for 8-10 minutes just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing, sour cream, seasonings, and half of the cheese until well combined.
- Drain the potatoes and pour them into a large cast iron skillet or 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain bacon on a paper towel lined plate and crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon and the remaining cheese, bake for 3 more minutes until cheese is melted.