Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes are the absolute best and so easy to make with everyday ingredients! Packed full of fall flavor with pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg!
I’ve been making these pumpkin pancakes for years! They’re a fall staple in our house, and we always look forward to them on a chilly weekend morning. While it isn’t quite feeling like autumn here yet, these pancakes have already made a couple of appearances at my kid’s request!
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes:
- To start go ahead and pre-heat a large non-stick griddle. You can butter the griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray if desired.
- Next, you will whisk together your dry ingredients. We have the usual suspects of flour, baking powder, and salt. But the great flavor comes from the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Then, in a second bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree with the granulated and brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, eggs, and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients with a spatula until just combined. The batter will be a tad lumpy. Then allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- I use a 1/3 cup measure to pour these pumpkin pancakes on the griddle. Use the bottom of the measuring cup to gently spread the pancake batter out. The pancakes will need to cook for about 4 minutes per side.
Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together both of the sugars, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter will be lumpy, do not over mix.
- Set the batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Butter your griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray if desired. Pour out 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake and spread into a circle.
- Cook each pancake for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve pancakes with butter, syrup, whipped cream, nuts or any other favorite toppings.