Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix is an easy and addicting big batch appetizer that everyone will love! Prepped in 5 minutes and baked to perfection, it’s so easy to make and even easier to eat by the handful.
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
This snack mix is ridiculously easy and so good. If you love our Classic Chex Mix Recipe, wait till you try this one! The ranch seasoning blended with a touch of garlic powder and parmesan cheese is such a delicious combination. I love that you can control the amount of seasoning, plus you can customize the types of crackers and pretzels used to incorporate your family’s favorites. This recipe is super simple to double or triple (just use more baking sheets) for larger gatherings or to just have plenty on hand. And once you taste it, you’ll definitely want more. This recipe transports perfectly and it can be served in a big bowl for everyone to grab or put it in individual baggies to hand out as treats for school or work. Great for game days, an after school snack, or all the holiday parties surely being crammed into the calendar! Salty, garlicky, cheesy, what’s not to love? If you’re looking for a sweet snack mix, try our Christmas Chex Mix out too!
Can I use homemade ranch seasoning?
You can! If you have a homemade recipe you prefer to use over the prepackaged version you can use about 2 tablespoons of your mix to match the portion from the packet. You can also make your own blends and try out different types of flavor combos. The base recipe will stay the same so feel free to experiment!
How To Make Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- Preheat. Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter. Use a large microwave safe bowl to melt the cut up butter. Heat in intervals of 15 seconds until completely melted. Add ½ of the ranch seasoning and the garlic powder and mix until combined.
- Add in the salty snacks. Add the Cheez-its, Goldfish, pretzels and oyster crackers to the mixing bowl and mix until everything is nice and coated.
- Add the cheese. Add in ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and toss until coated. Transfer your snack mix to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake the snack mix for 10 minutes, stir, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let it cool. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the snack mix to cool for 20 minutes.
- Finish and serve. Once cooled, sprinkle on the remainder of the parmesan cheese. If you’d like more seasoning you can add more from the remaining ranch packet. Serve and enjoy!
Storing Snack Mix:
This snack mix can be stored in an airtight container or zip top bag on the counter for 5 days. It’s perfect for making a few days ahead to serve for Christmas or any party.
Ingredient Notes for Making Snack Mix
- Cheez-Its – I go for the classic cheddar but you can choose your favorite. Same goes for the Goldfish.
- Pretzels – Any shape will work for this mix. You could even try a flavored pretzel to add in to the mix if you want to play with fun combinations.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add as much or as little of the ranch seasoning packet as you like. You can also make your own seasoning mixes or add to the ranch depending on your tastes.
- Additional ingredients – If you really want to bulk up this snack mix you can add popcorn, cereal, nuts, or other types of crackers or salty snacks!
- Parmesan cheese – While you can use pre shredded or the kind that comes in the shaker, freshly grated will elevate the flavor of the snack mix. Of course use whatever you have on hand but if it’s an option, definitely go for freshly grated parmesan. You’ll taste the difference every time.
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- ¼ Cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- ½ Pack Dry Ranch Seasoning packet
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅔ Cup Cheez-its
- ⅔ Cup Goldfish Crackers
- ⅔ Cup Pretzels Square or mini twists
- ⅔ Cup Oyster Crackers
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese grated, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl add the cut-up butter. Heat at 15-second increments until melted.
- Add ½ of the dry ranch seasoning and garlic powder to the butter. Mix until fully combined.
- Into the bowl add Cheez-its, Goldfish, pretzels, and oyster crackers.
- Mix until fully coated.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup parmesan cheese to the bowl. Toss until fully coated.
- Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the snack mix onto the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Halfway through mix the snack mix around.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the parmesan cheese.
- You can also add half of the seasoning packet if you like more seasoning.