Christmas Chex Mix is made with a combination of our favorite salty and sweet snacks! This easy snack mix is coated with white chocolate, powdered sugar and is so simple to make!
Christmas Chex Mix:
This is a fun, festive and sweet version of our classic Chex Mix Recipe! I love making both at Christmastime they are just classics and so easy to toss together in no time at all. This can be made in large batches too so it's great to give out to family and friends as gifts. I love to keep a big bowl of it around on Christmas Eve and Day for munching between our big meal.
You only need seven simple ingredients to make this chex mix! These are pantry staples that are easy to find so you can make batches as big or small as you want. The snacks you need are good on their own, so no leftovers will go to waste either.
- Chex Cereal: I used corn chex because it's my preference. Rice Chex is also good, and you can use a combination of both if you prefer.
- Bugle Chips: I love these salty little cone shaped chips! They add a nice crunch of course but also a little salt to balance out the sweetness of the white chocolate.
- Pretzels: Mini pretzel twists are usually best here because they are bite sized. You can use salted or unsalted depending on your own taste.
- Salted Peanuts: If you don't like peanuts you can use other nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pistachios or even cashews! You can also leave nuts out and use a little extra cereal or candy.
- M&M's: Of course, the Christmas M&M's these add a nice milk chocolate candy bite to the mix! I just used regular milk chocolate, you can try other flavors too if you wish.
A Few Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Make sure to combine all of your snack mix ingredients in a large bowl first before melting the chocolate. This way, the chocolate won't become hard again as it sits.
- When melting the white chocolate chips, it's very important to open the microwave and stir the chocolate VERY WELL every 10-20 seconds. The chocolate will still seem somewhat stiff after the first 2 stirs, then get easier to stir. Do not continue microwaving once it's runny, otherwise the chocolate will seize back up.
- This is a "Chex" mix recipe, however you really can use any cereal you want! I love things like Lucky Charms which I used in our Lucky Charms Snack Mix ages ago. If using a different cereal just make sure it's similar in size and sturdy so it won't break.
- You can store this mix in a large bag or container with a tight fitting lid (or gift bags/jars) for up to one week at room temperature.
Christmas Chex Mix
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 Cups Bugle Chips
- 3 Cups Mini Pretzel Twists
- 1 Cup Salted Peanuts
- 2 ½-3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Red and Green Christmas M&Ms
- Toss the Chex cereal, bugle chips, pretzels and peanuts together in a large bowl.
- Place the chocolate in a medium, microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, pausing every 20 seconds to stir until the chocolate is fully melted and runny.
- Pour in half of the chocolate and gently toss to combine then toss in the remaining chocolate.
- Toss in 2 ½ cups of the powdered sugar then toss in more if needed.
- Finally, mix in the M&Ms and toss the Chex mix out onto a large baking pan to cool for 30 minutes then serve.