One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole is a super flavorful, quick and easy ground beef recipe! Your whole family will love this tasty casserole full of beef, rice, corn, and tons of taco flavor!
Mexican Rice Casserole:
This casserole tastes just like everyone’s favorite restaurant-style Mexican rice. Except, that it is turned into a complete, hearty, meal in 30 minutes or less! This rice casserole has always been a staple in my house because it’s something we can all agree upon. It used to be something that I would put together and bake in the oven. Until I realized I could just make this into a stovetop one pan dish. The rice simmers in the pan right along with the cooked ground beef and onion, corn, salsa, tomato sauce, and seasonings for amazing flavor! After your rice is tender you can stir in your favorite shredded cheese, and top with green onions if you’d like. We also really enjoy this with an extra side of salsa and a dollop of sour cream!
Mexican Rice Casserole Notes and Tips:
- You will want to use a fairly large and deep skillet with a lid for this recipe.
- I personally happen to love this All-Clad skillet and find that it’s the perfect size for almost all of my one pan recipes!
- Besides using a quality skillet, it is really important to make sure you cook your rice correctly for this recipe, otherwise, it will end up crunchy!
- Be sure to add your rice to the skillet and have it come to a complete boil before you reduce the heat. Once the mixture is boiling, then you can reduce the heat. But, make sure your mixture stays at a simmer. You don’t want the rice to stop cooking.
- I use long grain white rice (such as jasmine rice) for this recipe. If you have instant rice on hand you can use that as well. Just make sure to note that you will only need to simmer for about 5-7 minutes to soften the rice.
What to Make With Ground Beef:
This is a question that I get asked by my readers all the time! Ground beef is a staple ingredient in most households, and we are always looking for new ways to use it up. Aside from this one pot Mexican Rice Casserole, here as some of my other favorite dinner recipes to make with ground beef! I love changing up taco Tuesday by making our Sheet Pan Nachos recipe, Dirty Rice is kind of a classic dish and we have it at least once per month! We also really love Ground Beef Fried Rice when we want takeout made at home and my French Onion Salisbury Steak are a major favorite!
One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice, SEE NOTE
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Can Corn, Drained
- 8 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Cook the ground beef and onion together with salt and pepper to taste in a large skillet over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary.
- Return the pan to the stove and sprinkle the beef with the garlic powder and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the rice, broth, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 18-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Top with cheese and return the lid to the pan for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.