One Pan Cheesy Nacho Casserole is an easy to make stovetop casserole that’s bursting with nacho flavor! This one pan pasta is full of noodles, beef, cheese, and mouthwatering seasonings, then topped with chips!
Oh, you guys, I can’t even tell you how much I love this simple casserole. Can we just go ahead and start with the fact that it’s a stovetop casserole? I mean, what’s better than NOT waiting for your dinner to bake in the oven?!
My nacho casserole involves one pan. No separate bowls for mixing necessary and no reason to preheat that oven! Plus, it’s everything you love about your standard nachos like seasoned beef, beans, and cheese but it also has noodles!
Last but not least, this meal is ready in 20 minutes or less. It’s becoming a go-to dinner for us on our super hectic evenings.
How to Make Nacho Casserole:
Nacho casserole starts with simply seasoning your ground beef with taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Then just brown it as usual over medium-high heat. I typically don’t need to drain the grease from my beef because I use 3-5 percent fat. However if the fat content in your beef is any higher, I recommend draining the beef so that your nacho casserole doesn’t become greasy.
After your meat is cooked through you’ll add in your nacho cheese soup, chili beans with their liquid, egg noodles, and beef broth to the skillet. At this point stir well to make sure the condensed soup is well incorporated.
Once your beef mixture comes to a boil (2-3 minutes) you will want to reduce your heat to low and allow it to keep simmering while stirring pretty much constantly. Egg noodles cook quickly, so, this only takes about 10 minutes. While you don’t necessarily have to babysit this casserole you will want to stir every minute or two to make sure the noodles cook evenly.
Once your noodles are all tender you will stir in one cup of cheese, and you can use any kind of cheese you love for this recipe. I typically use a Mexican style cheese blend or a combo of Monterrey Jack and cheddar.
Next, just top your casserole with crushed tortilla chips and a little more cheese! I use regular corn tortilla chips, you can also use nacho or taco flavored chips for some fun flavor.
One Pan Cheesy Nacho Casserole
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Can Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1 Can Chili Style Beans Undrained
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Toppings as desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat season the ground beef with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink and drain grease if necessary.
- Add the soup, chili beans, noodles, and broth to the skillet stirring to combine.
- Bring the beef mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring constantly for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir one cup of cheese into the casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese and crushed chips. Cover pan with a lid for 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve casserole with optional toppings like sour cream, green onion, tomatoes, and olives as desired.
Be sure to try these other great casserole recipes:
- One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Crack Chicken Pierogi Casserole