Mexican Corn and Black Bean Salad is a super easy and refreshing summer salad full of black beans, corn, and tomatoes! This black bean and corn salad comes together in a snap and has the most flavorful chili lime and garlic dressing!
Yay for easy summer salads! Especially when they're actually pretty darn healthy but don't skimp on flavor. I call this a summer salad, but it's really good all year round. It's really good with Grilled Chicken Thighs, or Carne Asada and we do love it with Ground Beef Tacos! I love this corn salad so much I could probably eat it for dinner all by itself. I mean - corn, black beans, red onion, tomato, and a tangy chili lime dressing. That's a meal, right?
How to Make Corn and Black Bean Salad:
- I love using fresh corn when available to make this salad. However, you can absolutely use canned corn year round, or if that's what you have on hand. This recipe calls for 4 ears of corn which equals to about 3 cups of corn total.
- If you are using corn on the cob, you will want to boil it for about three minutes to soften slightly. Then, you can simply add it to a large bowl with your drained and rinsed black beans, chopped red onion, and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- I love the cherry tomato for this recipe. If you'd like, you can use any kind of tomato and chop them up into small pieces.
- Next, you will use a small bowl and whisk together your dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Toss well to make sure all of the flavors are well combined.
- This black bean and corn salad is best when chilled for at least one hour before serving. You can also store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if you'd like to make it ahead of time.
This salad pairs perfectly with anything you're planning to toss on the grill for dinner.
You definitely also need to know it doubles as a tasty salsa - *runs and gets bag of tortilla chips.*
AND, it's the perfect topping for tacos.
Yeah, this one will pretty much stay with us a few times a week all summer long.
It doesn't get easier than throwing some simple fresh ingredients into a bowl, then letting them chill and marinate for max flavor.
Mexican Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 4 Ears Corn, Shucked
- ½ Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in half
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice, About 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, For garnish, optional.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes. Drain and place corn into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Once the corn is cool, cut the kernels from the cobb into a large bowl.
- Add the red onion, drained and rinsed black beans, and sliced cherry tomatoes to the bowl with the corn. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, lime juice, taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the corn mixture, stir to combine. Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with cilantro if desired.