Loaded Breakfast Biscuits are packed full of bacon, eggs, and cheese! A mouthwatering, savory, biscuit that is a meal in itself. These breakfast biscuits are the perfect camping breakfast or great to make ahead for a busy weekday morning!
I am so excited to share these easy breakfast biscuits with you for two reasons! The first being that my grandma used to make an amazing biscuit that was full of eggs, cheese, and either sausage or bacon. Trying to perfect her recipe was a lot of fun for me, and I think that I've gotten pretty darn close here!
The second reason is that I've had so many people friends, family, and readers ask me for a great make ahead breakfast recipe. Something that would be great to make and have around for those busy weekday mornings, and also something that would be portable for them to take along for their summer and fall camping trips!
How to Make Loaded Breakfast Biscuits:
Breakfast biscuits are so easy to make! The first step is to cook your bacon until crisp, and scramble your eggs. I use two pans and do these at the same time.
If you only want to dirty one pan, I suggest cooking your bacon and setting it aside to cool. Then you can wipe the bacon grease from that pan and cook your eggs in it.
After you have your bacon cooked and crumbled, and eggs scrambled, simply set them aside and whisk together your dry ingredients.
Next, you will use a spatula and fold your crumbled bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese into your dry ingredients. Make sure that all of the ingredients are well combined. You want to have a good mixture of bacon, egg, and cheese in each biscuit!
You will then have a dry and crumbly mixture that will come together when you add in your milk. After the milk is added you will have a soft and sticky dough.
I find it best to use a ¼ cup measuring spoon to drop these biscuits onto my sheet pan since it is fairly sticky. I measure a good heaping ¼ cup for each biscuit. You will have about 12-15 biscuits, depending on how large you make them.
After the biscuits are out of the oven, brush them with hot melted butter right away. Then, you can serve them immediately or save them for later!
If you are saving these for a camping trip or breakfasts throughout the week, let them cool all the way before storing. Once the biscuits are cooled, you can place them in a large zip-lock bag and refrigerate them for 3-4 days. Then, simply reheat in your microwave, or wrap them in foil to warm up on the campfire or grill!
Loaded Breakfast Biscuits
- 5 Eggs Scrambled
- 1 Pound Bacon Diced and Cooked Crisp
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 ⅓ Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- Dice the bacon and cook over medium heat until slightly crisp.
- Scramble the eggs.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Fold in the cooked bacon, shredded cheese, and scrambled eggs.
- Stir in the milk.
- Drop the biscuit dough by ¼ cup fulls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.