Jalapeno Popper Dip is the ultimate game day appetizer! Everything you love about creamy, spicy, cheesy jalapeño poppers is baked to perfection in less than 30 minutes. It’s a quick and easy dip recipe that always satisfies!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
I’m such a dip person. When it comes to party planning, I try to have at least two different dips for my guests to enjoy. With that being said, when I say this nears the top of my list of favorite dip recipes, that really matters! I’ve served this jalapeño popper dip recipe a couple of times to friends and family and to say it disappears quickly is an understatement. I usually make two batches of it just to keep up with the demand! I mean, it’s got it all – jalapeño peppers, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and more. I also like to toss some bacon in the mix to really send it over the top, but that’s optional! Oh, and covering the top is a buttery, garlicky breadcrumb mixture for a little extra oomph.
Is jalapeño popper dip spicy?
No, this recipe really isn’t too spicy. There are 5-6 jalapeños in the mix so there definitely is some heat, but in my opinion it’s pretty tame! The cream cheese and sour cream help to keep things less intense. However, you could always create a spicier flavor by leaving the jalapeño seeds in the recipe instead of tossing them out! The seeds are where you’ll find most of the heat.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Prep. Preheat your oven to 375°F. While that’s heating up, prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Mix. Measure all of your dip ingredients and toss it all into a bowl. Stir it all until fully combined. Spread this mixture evenly into a baking dish.
- Add the toppings. In another bowl, mix together all of the crunchy topping ingredients until fully combined. Spread the mixture evenly all over the dip.
- Bake. Bake the dip for 15 minutes. Then, set the oven to broil and let the bread crumbs turn golden brown for about 5 minutes.
Storing Jalapeño Popper Dip
Let the jalapeño pepper popper dip cool to room temperature prior to storing in the fridge or freezing for later. In an airtight container in the fridge, this dip will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
In a freezer safe container in the freezer, this dip will last for about 1 month, maybe 2! Let it defrost in the fridge until totally thawed before reheating at a low temperature in the oven until warmed through.
For exact ingredient measurements, scroll down to the recipe card below.
- Cheddar Cheese – If you have a few extra minutes to spare, I always recommend grating your own cheese right off the block.
- Salsa Verde – Go the extra mile with my favorite homemade Salsa Verde Recipe!
- Jalapeños – Use fresh jalapeños or pickled. My personal preference is pickled because I love the flavor! I like to take the seeds out because they’re a bit too spicy for me when using fresh. Feel free to leave them in for extra heat!
- Sour Cream and Cream Cheese – For both of these ingredients, I like to use full fat ingredients! Low fat versions just don’t create the same thick, creamy consistency.
- Seasonings – You’ll just need a little cumin and garlic powder for this easy recipe. You can always add some salt if you’d like, but be careful! A little salt goes a very long way.
- Bacon – This is entirely optional. I love adding about half a pound of cooked bacon to the dip! If you’re a bacon lover like me, it’s seriously satisfying.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- FOR THE DIP:
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened to room temperature
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa Verde
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Diced Jalapenos** SEE NOTE
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly Grease a 9×9 or 8×8 dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer to mix together all of the dip ingredients. Spread out evenly in the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl mix together all of the topping ingredients with a fork.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dip.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.