Instant Pot Chicken With Mushrooms has a gourmet taste that’s achieved in under 30 minutes. Need a quick, satisfying weeknight dinner? Look no further.
My name is Natalya and I run the blog Momsdish. I love simple dishes that only require a few ingredients. Therefore, it’s no surprise that the Instant Pot has become my secret weapon. During the week, you will often find my family and I chowing down on Instant Pot Chicken Thighs. I love this recipe because you can use fresh or frozen chicken.
What to Serve Alongside Instant Pot Chicken?
How Long Does it Take to Cook Chicken Breast in an Instant Pot?
If you haven’t cooked with an Instant Pot yet, be prepared to be amazed at the swift cooking times! For boneless and skinless chicken breast, cook them on high manual pressure for 10 minutes. As for the dark meat and chicken thighs, cook them at high manual pressure for 15 minutes.
Can you Cook Frozen Meat in an Instant Pot?
Only have frozen chicken on hand? No problem. You can cook frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the Instant Pot too. They will just take a bit longer. For medium-sized breasts, cook at high pressure for 12 minutes. Then, allow the pressure to release naturally for an additional 10 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot alone. Make sure the indicator shows that the pressure has been released before opening the Instant Pot.
How to Store Instant Pot Chicken With Mushrooms for Later?
This is a great meal prepping recipe. Prepare a couple of batches and store them in airtight containers in the fridge. Leftovers will last for up to a week.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken With Mushrooms?
The key to making great food in the Instant Pot is cooking in layers. First, you will brown your chicken in the Instant Pot, then set it aside. Then, you will add your mushrooms into the pot and saute them until tender. Next, you will add the chicken back in alongside the broth. Set your chicken aside and get started on the mushroom sauce. Add the cream and mushroom mixture to the pot to meld the flavors together. Pour the sauce over your chicken and get ready to feast!
Instant Pot Chicken With Mushrooms
- Place flour in a bowl with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Dredge chicken breast on all sides into the seasoned flour.
- Preheat Instant Pot on Saute More mode. Add olive oil to the pot.
- Cook chicken on all sides until it's golden brown. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and sautee them until they are golden. Add chicken on top of the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and change setting to Manual Pressure High for 12 minutes.
- Vent to release pressure, be careful, stay away from the hot steam. Remove chicken from the pot and place it in a serving bowl. To the pot, add heavy cream and switch setting to Sautee and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the mushroom sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce on the chicken. Garnish with parmesan cheese or herbs.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.