Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is a mouthwatering and super flavorful chicken recipe that is amazingly easy to whip up in your instant pot! This Chicken Cacciatore Recipe comes straight from The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two Cookbook!
You guys! I am over the moon excited to be posting a review today for my friend Erica Acevedo of The Crumby Kitchen. Her brand new book is available to order on Amazon (link to purchase is right above the recipe card below) and it is the absolute perfect cookbook if you’re an instant pot fanatic.
I have to say one of the main reasons I got so excited about this book is that the portions are perfect for two people! This book was a perfect gift for my parents. Cooking for only two people can be a challenge, and The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two makes it so easy!
We all know I’m a huge instant pot fan and that I really love to talk about what I try. Most of you readers have at the very least tried my Instant Pot Spaghetti, and it’s just still a total fave all around. One thing I haven’t done much of yet in my IP is chicken! It seems like a no-brainer to just try it, but, I wanted a GOOD recipe to follow.
The Chicken Cacciatore was the perfect recipe for me to start with. It was simple, the directions are so straightforward and the recipe uses everyday ingredients that we are all familiar with. There is no intimidation with this chicken and I like that.
Everyone from a brand new Instant Pot user to someone who has used a pressure cooker for years will love this dish. Chicken Cacciatore is such a great simple and rustic dinner dish. Everything from the melt in your mouth chicken thighs, to the hearty tomato sauce and finishing of parmesan cheese is perfection. It’s a meal we have always loved, but, now we will enjoy it even more since we can make it in our pressure cooker anytime.
Don’t forget to grab yourself a copy of The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two: 125 Easy Perfectly-Portioned Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker and Multi Cooker.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 4 Skinless Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Shallots
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 1/2 Cup White Wine, Or Stock
- 1 14 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 6 Ounce Can Kalamata or Black Olives, Optional
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
- Wash the chicken and pat dry, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the pressure cooker pot on saute mode. When the display reads hot, add the oil, then add the chicken thighs in a single layer, cooking for 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots, bell pepper, and mushrooms and saute until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs de Provence and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the wine and deglaze the pot, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon and stirring them into the liquid. Cook until the wine is reduced by half.
- Set the chicken on top of the contents in the pot, then pour in the tomatoes and their juices and the tomato paste.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release, about 10 minutes. Open the vent at the top and remove the lid.
- Stir in the olives and red pepper flakes if using. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash, or polenta garnished with basil or parsley.