Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta is a simple pasta dish that makes for a flavorful weeknight dinner! Spaghetti noodles combine with sauteed mushrooms in a decadent butter garlic sauce!
Mushrooms are just one of those foods, either you love them or you hate them! I happen to love them! They are super flavorful all on their own without a lot of extra effort. Everyone in my house loves them too, so this mushroom pasta is a weeknight dinner winner for us!
How to Make Mushroom Pasta:
Pasta with mushrooms only takes about 20 minutes to make. Even less time if you purchase pre-sliced mushrooms.
You will start with cooking your pasta according to the package directions. I always use spaghetti because I just have it on hand. You can use any pasta like linguine, bowtie pasta, fettuccine, etc.
Next, grab a large skillet to saute your mushrooms in. You can use any mushrooms that you like. I have used just your standard white mushrooms, and they are great. My favorite though are probably portabella mushrooms, they have a much stronger savory flavor!
You will saute your mushrooms in about 5 Tablespoons of butter, I prefer to use salted butter for this recipe. That might seem like a lot of butter, but, you really need that much to coat the pasta nicely.
After your mushrooms are nice and soft and brown, you will add your garlic along with salt, pepper. We add the garlic after the mushrooms are sauteed because it only needs about 1 minute to become fragrant and we don’t want it to burn as the mushrooms cook.
Once your pasta is cooked you will drain it as usual, but, you will save about 1/4 cup of the pasta water to add to the skillet of mushrooms. Add in the pasta water along with the pasta and toss with tongs to combine.
Next, simply top with a helping of shredded or grated parmesan cheese and serve!
Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta
- 8 Ounces Pasta
- 12 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Grated or Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley for Serving, Optional
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. When the pasta is finished cooking, reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the rest.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt TWO TABLESPOONS of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until they have started to turn golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan along with the salt and pepper. Cook and stir constantly for one more minute.
- Turn the heat to low and add the remaining two tablespoons of butter, the pasta, reserved pasta water, and parmesan cheese. Toss with tongs to coat.
- Taste the pasta and season more to taste if necessary. Serve immediately.
Follow along with us on Facebook and be sure to try out these other great pasta recipes: