French Dip Sandwiches – These French Dips are the absolute best, and super easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crockpot! This french dip recipe produces amazingly flavorful, tender roast beef that will melt in your mouth!
Well, happy Monday, guys! I feel like you all probably hate me now for saying “happy Monday.” Either you’re the kind of person that’s up and ready to embrace your week. Or your snarling at me from behind your computer right now.
Either you’re the kind of person that’s up and ready to embrace your week. Or your snarling at me from behind your computer right now.
I embrace Monday, I really do. After like, four or five cups of coffee.
Anyway, the week is easier to look forward to with easy dinner recipes on the menu, you all know I believe that.
This week, I’m pulling my Instant Pot out for you all again and whipping up some seriously comforting, melt in your mouth french dip sandwiches.
I’ve tried this recipe two ways, in the Instant Pot, and in the Crockpot.
Both cooking methods deliver the same, amazingly flavorful beef. Both were equally tender. Both times I made them, we didn’t have any leftovers! Everyone enjoyed them that much.
Whichever way you decide to make these, really just comes down to preference.
For me, sometimes I just don’t have the time in the morning when we’re running around trying to get out the door to get food in the Crockpot. That’s where the Instant Pot comes in super handy!
Also, if you’ve never had a french dip, you MUST try them!
With two ways to cook this recipe, I feel like we can enjoy it year round. I love it because either method keeps my house cool in the summer. But, it’s nice warm comfort food in the fall and winter.
This recipe requires minimal ingredients, and the meat cooks right in the au jus which is amazing for dipping!
French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Pound Chuck Roast
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 Can French Onion Soup
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 6 Hoagies
- 6 Slices Provolone
INSTANT POT METHOD:
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.Turn the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the roast on all sides until browned then remove from pot.
- Add the onions to the instant pot and saute until onion is soft. Turn instant pot off.Pour the beef broth into the instant pot stirring and scraping any bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the onion soup and Worcestershire sauce, and roast.
- Add the lid to the pot and seal. Cook on high pressure/manual for 60 minutes. Do a natural release for 20 minutes, then quick release.Remove meat from Instant Pot onto a large plate and slice or shred.Strain the liquid from the Instant Pot through a strainer into a bowl.Add meat and cheese to the buns, toast if desired. Serve immediately with the au jus.
CROCKPOT/SLOW COOKER METHOD:
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on all sides, then remove to a plate. Add the onions to the pan and saute until soft.
- Add the roast and onions to the crockpot, along with the broth, soup, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from the crockpot and slice or shred. Strain the liquid (au jus) from the crockpot through a strainer into a bowl. Add meat and cheese to the buns, toast if desired. Serve immediately with the au jus.