Easy Pizza Totchos are a fun and easy pizza appetizer to make for your game day crowd! Learn how to make totchos full of your favorite mouthwatering pizza toppings!
Completely obsessed with these pizza totchos these days! Tater tots are piled up with cheese, pepperoni, and bell pepper and black olives because those are our favorites. These are great to feed a crowd on game day, or just to have a fun and easy dinner. Either way, you can switch up the pizza toppings to your family's preference!
What are Totchos?
Totchos are simply tater tot nachos! Instead of using tortilla chips, you use tater tots that you have already cooked in the oven according to package directions. So, the tater tot is your chip, and you simply load it up with your favorite nacho, or in this case pizza, toppings!
How to Easy Pizza Totchos:
- Start by preheating your oven and cooking your package of tater tots according to package directions. Any kind or brand of tater tots will work for this recipe. As you can see from the pictures I used "Crispy Crowns" tater tots because they are flat and I like that I can easily layer my ingredients on.
- Once your tater tots are cooked, spread on your favorite tomato or marinara sauce. I recommend using a marinara or pizza sauce over plain tomato for extra flavor.
- Next, top with your shredded cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, ham...etc! The sky is the limit!
- Get them in the oven to bake immediately so that they don't get soggy. They only need to bake 5-10 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Can't get enough tater tots? Neither can we! Be sure to try out our Best Ever Tater Tot Casserole and our Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole!
Easy Pizza Totchos
- 1 32 Ounce Bag Tater Tots
- ⅓ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPINGS:
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Cooked Sausage
- Black Olives
- Bell Peppers
- Bake tater tots according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and top with the pizza sauce, cheese, and other desired toppings.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Claire | The Simple, Sweet Life says
I'd never heard of totchos before stumbling across your post, but what a genius idea! We're all about sheet pan meals, so we're definitely going to have to try this one!
Oh. My. Goodness!!! These are absolutely brilliant! These are going to be at every game day we have around here this season!
Veronika's Kitchen says
I love new original ideas for appetizers! It is so easy to make and looks super delicious! Definitely will try it next weekend)
Emily Leary says
I was thinking, I've never heard of Totchos. And then I saw the ingredients and ohhhh, that's a brilliant idea. Looks super tasty too.
This is such a great idea! I love the combinations of tater tots and pizza toppings. I know my kids would love to try this!!
Jyothi Rajesh says
I have to tell this is one of the amazing pizza variation I have heard. Something new and looks absolutely delicious! Tater tots are super addictive and pizza with tater tots sounds like a perfect appetizer!
Amanda Mason says
Oh my goodness - tater tot nachos! Genius! My kiddos are going to love these and I love all these toppings! Perfect Friday night dinner right here!!
Jenni LeBaron says
Yum! I will always have a soft spot for tater tots. This looks like the perfect tear and eat meal to make for a good movie night!
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness says
This looks amazing!! I would have never thought of making tater tots like nachos. Genius!!
My son LOVES tater tots - he will be thrilled when I make this for him. Such a great idea!
Veena Azmanov says
I love that you called these Pizza-totchos. This looks so simple and easy. My kids would enjoy this for sure. Tater tots are always welcome in out home. Sounds yum.
Elaine Benoit says
I have never heard of totchos! Brillant! My brother is a tater tot fiend and I forwarded him your recipe as I know he's going to love them. I too love them and can't wait to make your delightful recipe!
I love the title of this recipe. These look amazing...and I think these would be a fun appetizer. I think the grandkids would love them too. I love fun and easy recipes.