Easy Pizza Totchos are a fun and easy pizza appetizer to make for your game day crowd! Learn how to make totchos full of your favorite mouthwatering pizza toppings!
Completely obsessed with these pizza totchos these days! Tater tots are piled up with cheese, pepperoni, and bell pepper and black olives because those are our favorites. These are great to feed a crowd on game day, or just to have a fun and easy dinner. Either way, you can switch up the pizza toppings to your family's preference!
What are Totchos?
Totchos are simply tater tot nachos! Instead of using tortilla chips, you use tater tots that you have already cooked in the oven according to package directions. So, the tater tot is your chip, and you simply load it up with your favorite nacho, or in this case pizza, toppings!
How to Easy Pizza Totchos:
- Start by preheating your oven and cooking your package of tater tots according to package directions. Any kind or brand of tater tots will work for this recipe. As you can see from the pictures I used "Crispy Crowns" tater tots because they are flat and I like that I can easily layer my ingredients on.
- Once your tater tots are cooked, spread on your favorite tomato or marinara sauce. I recommend using a marinara or pizza sauce over plain tomato for extra flavor.
- Next, top with your shredded cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, ham...etc! The sky is the limit!
- Get them in the oven to bake immediately so that they don't get soggy. They only need to bake 5-10 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Easy Pizza Totchos
- 1 32 Ounce Bag Tater Tots
- ⅓ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPINGS:
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Cooked Sausage
- Black Olives
- Bell Peppers
- Bake tater tots according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and top with the pizza sauce, cheese, and other desired toppings.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted.