Easy Bacon Cheese Dip is a mouthwatering one pan cheese dip recipe that always gets rave reviews! This gooey cheese dip is packed full of Velveeta, cheddar, bacon, diced tomatoes and green chilis, and ranch seasoning!
We became completely obsessed with this simple bacon cheese dip by accident. It started last year when we had some friends over to play cards. We all ended up craving something good to snack on, so I grabbed the bacon and some cheeses and whipped this dip up! Everyone raved about it and it’s become our favorite party dip!
Easy Bacon Cheese Dip:
Traditional cheese dip that I am accustomed to typically uses spicy ground sausage. I have to say I like the bacon so much better. Bacon and cheese just go together. The ranch seasoning and garlic powder add a little something extra to the dip along with the traditional Rotel diced green chilies and tomatoes.
How Do You Make Cheese Dip?
Cheese dip is so simple to make and customize to your own preferences. You start by cooking your meat, in this case, bacon, and then draining the grease.
In the same pan you will add your American (Velveeta) cheese, along with freshly shredded cheddar, Rotel diced green chilies and tomatoes, garlic, ranch seasoning, and a dash of hot sauce!
This mixture will cook over medium-low heat so that you don’t scorch your cheeses. You can do this in the same skillet that you cooked your bacon in, or you can use a medium sized pot if you prefer.
If you want to customize this dip feel free! I use mild chilies and tomatoes, but you can use hot if you’d like, or even use your favorite salsa instead. If you enjoy your cheese dip super spicy toss in some diced jalapenos too. I love topping this dip with green onions, and even sometimes black olives if I have them on hand.
The combination of cheeses is super important in a good cheese dip. American cheese like Velveeta melts the best, but I like to add the sharp cheddar for extra flavor. Monterrey Jack and/or Pepper Jack are also great additions!
This cheese dip is great served with your favorite chips! It’s also amazing over French fries, tater tots, or soft pretzels!
While you’re at it, be sure to try out our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip it’s always a crowd pleaser too!
Easy Bacon Cheese Dip
- 1 Pound Bacon Diced
- 12 Ounces American Cheese Cubed
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 10 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce Optional
- Green onions for topping Optional
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain the grease, set the bacon aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and place the skillet back on the heat.
- Add the cubed American cheese, shredded cheddar, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and hot sauce to the pan.
- Stir frequently until cheese is melted.
- Stir the bacon back into the dip.
- Top with green onions if desired and serve immediately with your favorite chips!