Corn Black Bean Taquitos are so easy to make, and have the very best cheesy bean and corn filling! Taquitos ready in 25 minutes, served with an amazing spicy green goddess sauce!
Corn Black Bean Taquitos:
These taquitos can be made year round with frozen, or even canned corn! But, right now corn is sweet, fresh, and the shining star of this dish to me! It's a fun change up from our regular Ground Beef Tacos during the week. This is a light but hearty meal that's nice and flavorful. The filling is a mixture of black beans, corn, cheese, salsa, and spices! Probably things that you already have on hand, keeping it simple! For me, the real shining star is the dipping sauce! It is kind of a green goddess style dressing but, made with a kick! It comes together fast too, just whip it up while the taquitos bake. It's a simple mixture of yogurt, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, and garlic. You can of course skip the sauce. These are great served with Pico De Gallo or Guacamole, or whatever your favorite salsa is!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- If you want to add meat to this recipe, you can! I'd recommend trying our Crockpot Taco Meat. It keeps the recipe even more hands off and simple to make come dinner time.
- If you decide to add meat, you can leave out the beans, or corn, or just mix it all together. Keep in mind that the addition of meat will increase the recipe, so you will need extra tortillas!
- For tortillas, I typically stick with flour. However, you can use corn, or even a lower carb/fat tortilla if you wish. For best results, I warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds before rolling the taquitos. If using corn tortillas, definitely warm them first to prevent breaking.
- These taquitos freeze like a charm! Make these ahead! You can bake as directed, allow them to cool down, then freeze in a zip top bag for up to 3 months. Warm them in the microwave or oven on low for an easy lunch or dinner.
Corn Black Bean Taquitos
FOR THE TAQUITOS:
- 24 6 inch Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups Black Beans
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1 Cup Monterrey Jack Chese
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Salsa
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper minced
- 1 Cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ Lime zested and juiced
- 1 Clove Garlic
FOR THE TAQUITOS:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating with a light coat of cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash 1 cup of the black beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the remaining black beans, corn, cheese, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salsa. Stir until well combined.
- Fill each flour tortilla shell with a few Tablespoons of filling and roll tightly.
- Line the filled tortilla shells up on the baking sheet and spray with a light coating of spray.
- Bake for ten minutes in the preheated oven.
- Flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Store leftover taquitos in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Serve with taquitos.