Coconut Lime Ricotta Cake is so easy and fast to make in a simple loaf pan! This super moist cake is bursting with flavor and is topped with a sweet glaze and toasted coconut!
Coconut Lime Ricotta Cake:
This cake is for the coconut lovers! We can not get enough of this coconut cake. It’s really super moist from the ricotta cheese and melts in your mouth. As you can imagine, there is a ton of tangy lime and mellow coconut going on in here! Then, we top it off with a simple glaze and toasted coconut! If you don’t have ricotta but really want to make this, there are subs, you can see my recipe notes below! It also could not be easier to make and came about because I happened to have coconut extract, but, I also had an abundance of limes I need to use! I know we are all baking a lot more right now, and this Coconut Lime Ricotta Cake cannot be missed! Plus I think this is a great “spring” comfort food! Coconut lime flavors definitely get us in the mood for that spring/summer feeling! If you want more baking be sure to try our Banana Bread and our easy Beer Bread too!
Coconut Lime Ricotta Cake Recipe Notes:
- Ricotta cheese is the best in this cake, but it’s also nice when we can use what we have on hand! So, if you don’t have the cheese, you can just use 1 Cup of plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Coconut extract should easily be available at any grocery store, but if you can’t locate it, you can find it and order online.
- If you can’t get ahold of coconut extract at all, you can just sub in vanilla or even banana extract! Both would be really tasty here.
- Toasting the flaked coconut (sweet or unsweet is fine) only takes 10 minutes and you can pop it in the oven right after your bread comes out. If you like coconut flavor but not texture, simply leave the toasted coconut topping off.
- The amount of juice you can get out of one lime really depends on it’s size, so I recommend having 3 limes on hand since you’ll need juice for the glaze and the cake itself.
Coconut Lime Ricotta Cake
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes toasted
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan generously, and set aside.
- Cut the butter into cubes and place in a medium bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds, just until melted then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl if using hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the ricotta cheese, eggs, and sugar. Mix for 2-3 minutes until pale yellow and smooth.
- Add in the melted butter, lime juice, coconut extract, and vanilla extract and mix on low speed just until combined, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt for 30 seconds. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and use a spatula to mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled drizzle the glaze over the cake and top with the toasted coconut as desired.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- In a large bowl use hand or stand mixer to blend together the powdered sugar and lime juice until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- For the coconut, pour the coconut flakes out onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes until toasted.