Chicken Enchilada Dip is so creamy, cheesy, and flavor packed! This party perfect dip can be made in your slow cooker or baked in the oven!
Chicken Enchilada Dip:
I originally posted this dip back in 2016! I wanted to give the photos a bit of a face lift, and we have a slow cooker and an oven baked method in here now so you can make it how your heart desires! There really isn't a preferred method, and the dip turns out great either way. The oven method is faster, but if you have time to give the dip a couple of hours to cook and want to be more hands off, go the slow cooker route. Now, let me tell you that this dip pretty much follows me everywhere year round. It started as a football season favorite when we would have people over to watch the game. But, I generally just make any excuse to have it now, sometimes even for dinner. It's a tough competitor and I even crave it even more than our Buffalo Chicken Dip! It's that good.
Enchilada Dip Recipe Notes:
- Make your life easy and use a store bought rotisserie chicken! Or, use our Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken or Instant Pot Shredded chicken that you can make ahead of time.
- For best results use a hand mixer for this recipe. Or, you can use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Using the mixer makes it much easier to incorporate the enchilada sauce and cream cheese together.
- For enchilada sauce, you can use red or green, depending on your taste! I love this dip either way. Use hot or mild depending on your heat preferences. We always use mild and it's spicy enough for us.
- I like to serve this with regular tortilla chips as well as nacho cheese tortilla chips! We also always have a side of sour cream with it, and you can top with onions, tomatoes, olives, cilantro or avocado.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Chicken (1 rotisserie chicken OR, 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded)
- 1 28 ounce Can red enchilada sauce
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dry ranch dressing/dip mix
- 1 ½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ Cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 8 ounce bricks cream cheese softened
OPTIONAL FOR SERVING: Tortilla Chips, Nacho Cheese Chips, Diced Onions, Sour Cream, Limes, Tomato, Avocado, Cilantro.
- OVEN BAKED METHOD:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl mix softened cream cheese with a hand held mixer until it becomes smooth.
- With mixer on low, slowly pour enchilada sauce into cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Blend in taco seasoning, ranch mix, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar, and 1 cup of the Mexican cheese blend.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 dish, or oven proof skillet, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and dip is hot and bubbly.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD:
- Mix all of the dip ingredients together as listed above.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot and allow to cook on high for 1-2 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, top dip with remaining cheese. Replace crock pot lid and allow cheese to melt.