Chicken Caesar Sandwiches take everything you love about the classic salad and toss it onto a loaf of bread! Lettuce, chicken, parmesan cheese and more come together to create the best flavor. It’s a filling sandwich that’s perfect for lunch or as a light dinner!
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
This might just be my new favorite lunch recipe. It’s so easy to make with our homemade Caesar Dressing and Crockpot Shredded Chicken! I’m a huge fan of classic caesar salad, so tossing those ingredients onto a toasted, buttery roll is pretty much the best thing ever. I really love that there’s enough chicken in the mix to keep me nice and full until dinner time! Speaking of dinner, this recipe also works fabulously as a dinner on the lighter side as well. Ingredients like parmesan cheese, caesar dressing and crisp romaine lettuce are tossed with the chicken to create the very best caesar salad sandwich recipe!
If you also can’t get enough of that delicious caesar salad goodness, you need to toss together my favorite Caesar Pasta Salad.
What Kind of Bread Do I Use for These Sandwiches?
Personally, I think that a buttered and toasted loaf of french bread is the very best for chicken caesar sandwiches. You can swap it with a hoagie, ciabatta, or even just hamburger or brioche bun if you’d like, or any other bakery bread that looks good to you!
How to Make Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Prepare. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Butter the bread. Mix together butter and garlic salt. Spread the mixture evenly on each side of the cut bread.
Toast the bread. Place the buttered bread on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 8 minutes and check to make sure they’re not burning. Flip and bake for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool. Let the bread cool for half an hour while you get the other ingredients ready to go.
Assemble the sandwiches. Spread caesar dressing on both sides of the bread and top with lettuce. Sprinkle the chicken all over, followed by the parmesan cheese. Add more dressing if desired, then some croutons. Top with the bread.
Enjoy! Serve with some pickles and more dressing. Serve immediately.
Storing Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
These sandwiches should be served as soon as they are made. That’s when the bread is still toasty and the lettuce is still nice and crisp.
They can be made ahead. Store them without the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Drizzle the dressing on right before serving so that the bread and croutons don’t get soggy! I do NOT recommend freezing chicken caesar salad sandwiches.
How to Serve Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Ingredient Notes for Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Caesar Dressing – You can use whatever your favorite store-bought brand is. However, I really enjoy my homemade Caesar Dresing recipe! It’s super flavorful and creamy, and it’s easy to make in just a few minutes.
Garlic Salt – If you’re on a low sodium diet, you can swap this with garlic powder.
Romaine Lettuce – Make sure to rinse it! Romaine lettuce tends to have residue on it, so you want to make sure you get rid of that before you add it to your sandwich. Don’t forget to gently pat it dry so it’s not wet.
Chicken – Feel free to shred a rotisserie chicken to save some time. You can also shred it in the Crockpot or Instant Pot which are both easy methods!
Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese tastes best. However, you can always just buy a bag of shredded cheese to save some time.
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 Large Loaf French bread sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup Caesar Salad Dressing plus more if desired
- 3-5 Romaine Lettuce Leaves washed and dried
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken heated up
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Cup Roughly Chopped Croutons
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir the butter and garlic salt together in a medium bowl and spread it on the cut sides of the bread.
- Place them, butter side down, on a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes then check to make sure they aren’t getting too dark.
- Flip them over and bake for 2 more minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread the dressing evenly on both slices of bread then layer the lettuce on the bottom half.
- Sprinkle the chicken around evenly on top followed by the parmesan.
- Drizzle on more dressing if you like then sprinkle on the croutons.
- Place the other half of the bread on top and slice it into individual servings, using a serrated knife.
- Serve with baby pickles and extra Caesar dressing if desired.