Cherry Tomato Salad is the most flavorful, using a simple dressing and any tomato you prefer! The dressing is irresistible and makes this salad the best fresh side!
Cherry Tomato Salad:
I hope everyone enjoyed their long holiday weekend as much as we did! If you are following along with us on Instagram, you probably saw on our stories that we ate ALL. THE. FOOD. yesterday! We made Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, and Crab Dip, and Macaroni Salad. It was all my favorite things, and it was heaven. But, back to reality after all the carbs, I want something a little more fresh and a little less heavy. This cherry tomato salad is so simple, made with a "pantry staple" dressing that I always have everything on hand for and we can't get enough of the fresh taste! You could also use any garden fresh tomatoes for this recipe, if you don't have cherry tomatoes on hand. It's tomato season, enjoy it with whatever tomatoes you have as long as you can! While you're at it, whip up these Grilled Chicken Thighs because this is the best side dish to go with them. We're also loving my Creamy Cucumber Salad, and Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad this summer!
How To Make Tomato Salad:
- Simple! Start by slicing your cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a medium serving bowl, or use a bowl with a lid if serving later.
- Now, make up your dressing. Grab a mason jar or a small bowl that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add the dijon, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Add your lid to your bowl or jar and shake for about 30 seconds until everything is good and combined.
- Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad. Give it a taste, and add more salt & pepper to your tomato salad if desired.
- Give everything a really good stir to make sure all of the tomatoes are well coated.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese as desired, and serve!
What Kind of Tomatoes are Good for Salad?
As you can see, my preference is small cherry or grape tomatoes! But, you can use Beefsteak tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, Heirloom tomatoes, really any kind of tomato that is your favorite. Even better honestly if you have some garden fresh tomatoes growing! If you are not using cherry tomatoes then I recommend using a total of 3-4 medium/large tomatoes sliced as thick as you prefer.
How Long Will Tomato Salad Keep?
Tomato salad, once assembled is going to be best eaten within 3-4 days. Now, keep in mind you can make this dressing ahead and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, then assemble your tomato salad whenever you're ready to eat.
Perfect Tomato Salad
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes** SEE NOTE
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- ¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Wash the cherry tomatoes. Slice them in half, and place in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl or mason jar with a tight fitting lid, shake together the oiive oil, balsamic, garlic, mustard, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste until well combined.
- Stir the dressing into the cherry tomatoes.
- Top with parmesan cheese as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.