Caesar Dressing is rich, tangy, savory and so easy to make from scratch right at home! With only a handful of simple ingredients you wont want bottled Caesar again!
This simple dressing is an absolute favorite! Once you realize how easy it is to make from scratch, you’ll want to make it all the time! I’m always going to be a Ranch Dressing girl, but Caesar is probably my all time fave.
What is Caesar Salad Dressing Made From?
- Mayonnaise: The quality of your mayo is super important for this dressing! Make sure to use one you really love. You can use light mayo if necessary and the dressing won’t have as much richness. I personally like to use Kewpie mayo, it’s the richest mayo you can get! Dukes or Hellmans are also other good options. DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP or a mayo listed as “SALAD DRESSING” it’s not the same.
- Parmesan Cheese: You’re going to want to use freshly grated off the block parmesan cheese here. I know it’s tempting to use the bottled shaker cheese, but it’s not the same. Your dressing will only taste as good as what you put into it.
- Anchovy Paste: I like to use anchovy paste vs. buying whole anchovies, it makes things easier and the fish smell isn’t as strong (for anyone who might be worried about that). This dressing can be made without it, but I promise it doesn’t have the same savory flavor! Every really good caesar dressing you’ve ever had definitely had anchovy, so don’t skip it!
- Lemon Juice: Please make sure to use fresh lemon juice. The bottled lemon does not taste the same!
- Garlic: I use 3 whole cloves minced finely. If you have jarred garlic it will work, but again fresh is best. If you think that will be too much for you, just use 2 cloves to start.
- Worcestershire and Dijon Mustard: These ingredients, along with salt and pepper if desired really bring the dressing together! They add that final bit of savoriness and tang!
How Do You Make Caesar Dressing?
Traditional caesar dressing is made by using egg yolks and olive oil. Ours starts out with mayo (and tastes exactly the same) so that it makes life much easier! There are no specific steps, you can toss everything into the bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined. You can also add everything into a mason jar with a tight lid and shake for a couple of minutes to mix. Give it a taste and see if you want to add salt, pepper, or extra lemon or garlic. You can serve this right away or keep it in the fridge for about 10 days!
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Taste and add salt & pepper if desired to your liking.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Dressing lasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.