Blueberry Jam Brownies are rich, thick, and fudgy brownies topped with creamy cheesecake and blueberry jam swirl!
Remember to PIN IT right HERE for later!
Well, hello there! I have to say that I’m so happy it’s finally fall. I am not the type of person that can bear chocolate in the summer when it’s hot outside. Are you like this, or am I just plain weird? Don’t answer that.
But, really, chocolate is too heavy for me when it’s hot out, and I look forward to cool weather so that I can finally get my chocolate fix again! There isn’t much that I find cozier than a rich, chocolate brownie right out of the oven on a chilly day. Good old soul warming fun!
Let’s talk about these gorgeous brownie babies. I mean, look at them! They are so rich and decadent, and they come together lickety split with no boxed mix required. It doesn’t get better than that.
Rich chocolate that melts in your mouth, luscious cheesecake that’s swirled together with sweet blueberry jam. I literally don’t have a care in the world when I’m eating one of these. They are my happy place.
Right below here you will find something that we here at The Salty Marshmallow are really ridiculously excited about….drumroll….we have made our first video! Get excited, this is something that you will start to see on the regular.
Click right above for video!
I would like to say that this recipe is my preference for a brownie topped with sweet cheesecake. I simply find it unnecessary to use a box mix, which I also mentioned above. However, if you have a boxed mix at home that you have been itching to use….great news, it will absolutely work for this recipe.
Am I a boxed mix snob? Nope. Boxed cake, cookie, and brownie mixes definitely have their place. Do I prefer homemade taste whenever I can get it? Absolutely.
Since this is our first video recipe, I just wanted to take the time to reiterate to all of you beautiful people that part of my purpose here is to create homemade recipes that anyone can make. I want people to eliminate pre-packaged baking mixes when they can, and really get back to the heart of baking!
This means, that if you ever need any assistance, tips, or advice – I am just an email away! You can find our contact page HERE and also sign up to receive an email when we have a new post up for you! (We will never ever spam or sell your email address.)
Printable Recipe for you, below!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 stick butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoon blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder with a whisk.
- Add the salt and baking powder and whisk again for one minute.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture and butter to the flour mixture, stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared 8x8 pan.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese topping onto brownie mixture.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the blueberry jam all over the top of the cream cheese.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the jam through the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.