BBQ Spaghetti is the perfect recipe for using up leftover pulled pork, brisket, or even chicken! This fast and easy dinner has a flavorful bbq sauce you will love!
We're all about making food stretch right now, and using up all of the leftovers however we can! With less outings to the store right now, it's the best feeling to be able to get two meals out of one! I love this recipe because it mirrors a bbq spaghetti that one of our local restaurants used to have every week. BBQ sauce with pasta might sound strange at first, but, trust me when I say you'll be hooked on this! You can make bbq spaghetti using either leftovers from our very best ever Pulled Pork Recipe that is made in the slow cooker or oven. Or, if you have an instant pot/pressure cooker you can try our Instant Pot Pulled Pork! Either is great, and if you happen to have leftover BBQ Chicken or even brisket you can use that as well.
A Few Recipe Notes:
- I wanted to note for you that this recipe calls for about 45 minutes total. Don't be put off by that! Most of the total time is completely hands off. Prepping the sauce will take about 15 minutes at the most, the rest of the time is just for the sauce to simmer.
- As I mentioned above, you can use leftover pulled pork, beef brisket, or even pulled chicken for this recipe. You could really even just use leftover roast beef if you have some. You'll want about 1 pound of meat total, and you can even use up to 2 pounds if you like an extra meaty sauce.
- This recipe calls for a can of diced tomatoes, and a can of tomato sauce. You will need the tomato sauce. But, if you don't have diced tomatoes on hand you can sub in an extra can of tomato sauce instead. This is also a great option if you don't like tomato chunks.
- Use whatever kind of BBQ sauce that you like to eat best. We love our homemade BBQ Sauce so much! Others we love are Gates Original, Sweet Baby Ray's is great, and we definitely love the sauces you can purchase from Patio Provisions (not an affiliate link, we just love them).
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ cup your fav BBQ sauce I use Gate’s original
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- 1 lb pulled pork
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Heat Olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add minced garlic and cook stirring constantly for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, BBQ Sauce, pulled pork, and seasonings to the pan.
- Stir to combine, and simmer for 20-30 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain. Stir in 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Pour sauce over pasta, and toss gently to combine. Drizzle additional BBQ sauce if desired.