BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs are made with a simple homemade bbq rub and basted in your favorite barbecue sauce! One of our favorite chicken thigh recipes they are so easy to make!
BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs:
You guys, being the very best, most amazing readers that you are have told me time and time again how much you love chicken thighs! Well, we do too! You have made my Crispy Baked Chicken Thigh Recipes so very popular and it makes this blogger happy that you love them so much! We also really like BBQ around here so it was definitely time for a bbq chicken thigh. These are made with a super simple homemade rub, the same one that I put on my Crockpot Pulled Pork, because we just can’t get enough of a good thing. As far as BBQ sauce, you can use your favorite, if you want a suggestion from me, I’m a huge fan of Sweet Baby Ray’s!
How to Make BBQ Chicken Thighs:
- Start by grabbing your spices and mix them all together in a small bowl. I do recommend following my measurements for the spices, this is one recipe where I measure instead of just “eye-balling” it, it makes a difference!
- As you can see the mixture has a few lumps, and that is ok! You just want them combined as best as you can, you don’t have to spend a long time on this at all.
- Next, place your chicken thighs on a large baking sheet that you’ve lined with foil. Pat the chicken thighs dry on both sides. Drizzle both sides of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the spice mixture on.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken well! Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, then, baste with bbq sauce and broil for 3 minutes. Keep in mind that chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before being consumed.
What To Serve With Chicken Thighs?
On super busy nights I sometimes just throw together a big salad to serve with these. I do a combo of mixed greens and a random mixture of veggies that we have hanging out in the fridge! These are also really good served with these Bacon Green Beans and Cream cheese Mashed Potatoes! Whatever you decide to serve these with, I hope they become a great back pocket weeknight fave!
BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs
- 3 Pounds Bone in Skin On Chicken Thighs, About 6-8
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and place on prepared baking sheet and drizzle evenly on both sides with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken and rub the spices in to coat well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and baste evenly with the bbq sauce. Place under the broiler in your oven for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.