Asian Ground Chicken Noodles is an easy, one pan, twenty minute dinner! A flavor packed ground chicken recipe, loaded with flavor using simple ingredients!
We always have a pack or two of ground chicken in the refrigerator, it's such a versatile ingredient! I love that while it's a little plain on its own, you can really transform it quickly into something amazing. This recipe was born because you guys love our Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles so much! You keep asking me for more ramen, and more super fast dinners. Creating this one was a lot of fun, it tastes kind of like take out, but so much better! Like what you actually want take out to taste like! Asian Ground Chicken Noodles has super simple ingredients, a quick sauce, and you can change up the veggies or leave them out to make it your own. Another one that we do with ground chicken a lot is our Turkey Taco Meat, it's super flavorful and works great with chicken too!
Asian Ground Chicken Noodles Recipe Notes:
- I have only tested this recipe using ramen noodles. That's part of what makes this dish come together so fast! If you use another type of noodles, I'd recommend cooking them according to package directions before adding them in.
- For the veggies, I used sliced mushrooms, a very thinly sliced bell pepper, and green onions. Don't skip the green onions if you can help it, and make sure to use the white parts in the recipe, then the green parts for topping. As far as other vegetables, you can use what you have! This is great with edamame, broccoli, shredded carrots, chopped green beans, or asparagus!
- It's important to use low sodium soy sauce for this dish. If you don't use low sodium, it will probably come out too salty. Most of my Asian take-out style recipes always call for low sodium. That's what I would personally recommend keeping on hand.
- This recipe is enough to serve 4 hungry people! If you have more people, I'd use a larger pot, and double the recipe. This does not freeze well, however you can keep any leftovers in the fridge for 2 days. When you reheat the noodles, if you find them dried out just add a bit more soy sauce or sesame oil.
- You can make this recipe without meat, or with ground pork, or even ground beef or turkey if you prefer. If going meatless, just skip straight to sautéing the vegetables and then follow the rest.
Asian Ground Chicken Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 5 Green Onions Sliced
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 ⅓ Cups Water
- 2 Packages Ramen Noodles, Seasoning packet Discarded
- ¼ Cup Chopped Peanuts, OPTIONAL
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro, OPTIONAL
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the ground chicken, bell pepper, mushrooms, white parts of the green onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the water, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, corn starch, and sriracha.
- Once the chicken has turned white, pour over half of the sauce and stir to combine. Scoot the meat mixture to one side of the pan.
- Pour the 1 ⅓ cups of water into the empty side of the pan. Break each brick of noodles in half and add to the pan. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the noodles are starting to soften. Flip the noodles over and gently break apart with a fork, continuing to simmer for 1-2 more minutes until soft.
- Pour the remaining sauce into the pan and toss the meat mixture and noodles together to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with green onions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts if desired.