Almond butter cups are a decadent, no bake, gluten free treat with two layers of naturally sweetened almond butter and a middle layer of delicious dark chocolate!
Almond butter cup confessional.....I'm remembering back to my high school years and almost every morning before school grabbing 50 cents out of my parent's change jar to buy some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups out of the vending machine. This was my breakfast of champions for a good couple of years. Now I am also thinking I must owe my parents quite a bit of change from my peanut butter cup escapades. I wonder if they will take my Almond butter cups in exchange?
So, obviously in my younger years, peanut butter reigned supreme. Now that I am an adult though I have experienced the amazing world of Almond butter, and I pretty much want to eat it all the time. And, of course I HAD to bake (or, no bake rather) something with it! When I decided to do this I knew I wanted something that all of my gluten free friends, family, and readers could enjoy as well. Something more natural, sugar free, basically more guilt free so I can satisfy my sweet tooth even for breakfast.
With only six simple ingredients, no baking required, and a healthier way to curb those treat cravings, these babies are a total win. Get your muffin tin, whip them up in about 20 minutes, and let them just hang out in your freezer for whenever you need some of that almond butter lovin.
If you are utilizing the 21 Day Fix program the containers have been determined as 1 slice = 1 blue and 1 orange. These determinations were made by my friend who is a Health & Fitness Mentor. If you’d like to find out more about the program or fitness and nutrition you can do so on her site HERE.
**Be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram!**
**If you're looking for something peanut-buttery instead you can find my Brownie Cookies with Fluffy Peanut Butter Filling....HERE**
**Cook time is chill time in this recipe**
- 1 ⅓ Cups smooth Almond Butter
- 2 ½ Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ⅓ Cup Dark chocolate melting wafers
- ¼ Tsp Pure vanilla extract
- With hand mixer or whisk, mix together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt until combined and smooth.
- Line 10 muffin tins with liners and fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the almond mixture.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate over almond mixture.
- Freeze for another 5-10 minutes.
- Place another 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining almond mixture over chocolate layer.
- Place back in freezer until set.
- Remove from muffin cups if desired, store in freezer.
- You will want to remove these from the freezer a few minutes before enjoying so that the chocolate layer can soften slightly.
Leave a Reply