Zucchini Pizza Bites are a fun and easy summer appetizer featuring a savory zucchini crust! Satisfy your pizza cravings with these bite-sized pizzas for a tasty snack, lunch, or fun party dish!
Zucchini is in season and these fun little bite-sized pizzas are a great way to use it up! I love these as a finger food for a get together! We also enjoy eating these for lunch, or even a little snack. They are reasonably healthy although they taste decadent. While we don't eat low-carb in our house, these are an excellent option for those of you that do!
Zucchini Pizza Crust:
Zucchini is really pretty simple to make into a quick pizza crust! There are a few steps to follow for the best results.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini first. Use a food processor or a box grater to shred the zucchini. I like to use my food processor.
- The next step is to place all of your shredded zucchini onto a clean kitchen towel and wring out as much moisture as possible. If your zucchini is really juicy you can use two towels and ring it out twice. This is the most important step to ensure your crust isn't soggy.
- Once all of the liquid has been squeezed out of your zucchini, you can place it in a large bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Use your hands to form the zucchini mixture into mini pizza crusts. Or, you can make one large crust if you prefer. How thin you make these will determine how crisp of a crust you have. I always end up with 8-10 mini pizzas and they are crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside.
- You will want to flip these once during cooking so that they get golden brown on each side.
Once your zucchini crusts are out of the oven you can top with your pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Or, you can get creative and use your favorite toppings!
Then, simply broil for a few minutes until your cheese is nice and melted. Allow these to cool for a few minutes before serving as they are fairly hot in the middle!
Mini Zucchini Pizzas
Zucchini Pizza Crusts:
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 1 Large Egg
- ⅓ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
For The Topping:
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- ⅓ Cup Pizza Sauce
- Mini Pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a box grater or food processor to grate the zucchini.
- Place the grated zucchini onto a large clean kitchen towel and ring out the excess moisture over the kitchen sink.
- In a large bowl add the zucchini, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, cornstarch and seasonings and mix well to combine.
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to form the zucchini mixture into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Top the pizzas evenly with the sauce, cheese, and pepperonis and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.