One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff is rich and creamy weeknight comfort food! This stroganoff is ready super fast and packed full of pasta and mushrooms!
This mushroom stroganoff has comfort food written all over it! It is so hearty, creamy, and cozy. If you follow along with me on Instagram stories, you'll know I've talked a bit about my daughter going vegetarian. She does eat meat occasionally, but, to keep us all happy, I've been working on some meatless recipes that the whole family loves. Nobody misses the meat in this dish, and it's perfect for mushroom lovers! If you're looking for a meat packed stroganoff try my classic Beef Stroganoff.
How to Make Mushroom Stroganoff:
- This is a one-pot dish and you will need to start out with a deep 12-inch pan or a deep, heavy pot.
- You will cook your mushrooms and onions in butter over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. The mushrooms will let off their juices and become tender.
- Next, add in your garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour directly over the vegetables, and stir to coat. Stir constantly for 1-2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Then, you will gradually stir in your beef broth. The mixture won't be super thick at this point, but you want to add the broth slowly and stir the whole time to make sure you don't have any lumps.
- Add in your pasta, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer. You will want to uncover your pot and stir twice during the cooking time to make sure the egg noodles cook evenly.
- Once the noodles are done, remove your pan from the heat and stir in your sour cream, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
Enjoy! Make sure you're following along with us on Facebook if you aren't already! We share the best recipes there every day.
One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Pound Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 3 ½ Cups Beef Broth
- 12 Ounces Egg Noodles
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- Paprika for sprinkling, optional
- Chopped Parsley, optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the beef broth until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the noodles to the pan, turn the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, until the noodles are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and sour cream.
- Serve immediately garnished with paprika and parsley if desired.