Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is easy to make right in your Instant Pot! Packed full of ground beef, rice, bell peppers, and a savory broth!
One of my favorite uses for my Instant Pot is making soups! We happen to really love my ham and cheese Instant Pot Potato Soup! You can have a hearty, comforting, dinner ready super fast without having to let your soup simmer for a long time on the stove top. This stuffed pepper soup turned out so good! All of the stuffed pepper flavor we love, without the hassle of making them!
Stuffed Pepper Soup:
Stuffed pepper soup is just what it sounds like, folks! Stuffed peppers are a classic dish that typically use a ground beef and rice mixture. A great way to think of this is as a “deconstructed” stuffed pepper. We use all of the same ingredients, but the peppers are diced instead of being stuffed with filling.
Another great thing about this soup is that it’s very fast to make. Baking stuffed peppers takes time, but, the soup version is ready in just about 30 minutes! Traditionally, some stuffed pepper recipes call for cheese. I chose not to add any cheese to this soup, but, feel free to add some shredded cheddar or parmesan for even more flavor!
How to Make Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- First, start by turning your Instant Pot onto saute mode. Add the ground beef to the pot with your seasonings of garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the ground beef for about 5 minutes until no longer pink. I use very lean ground beef so that I don’t have to drain. But, you can drain any grease as you see fit.
- Once the beef is cooked you can turn the instant pot off. You will pour in your beef broth and stir, scraping any browned meat bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add your broth, bell peppers, tomato sauce, and rice to the pot. Place the lid on and set the valve to seal. Cook for 10 minutes on manual.
- Note that this took approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure in my 8 quart instant pot. You will also allow the soup to sit in the pot for 5 minutes before doing a quick pressure release when the soup is finished. That step takes about 2-3 minutes.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Set instant pot to saute and cook the ground beef along with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes until no longer pink.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the beef broth to the pot and stir, scraping any browned bits of meat from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the diced peppers, tomato sauce, and rice to the pot and stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, allow the soup to sit in the pot for 5 minutes, then, you can open the valve to do a quick release.
- Serve soup immediately.