Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy are one of the best comforting and flavorful instant pot recipes! Learn how to make tender and juicy pork chops in your instant pot, it’s so easy!
It’s always funny to me how we look forward to Summer break from school every single year, and I personally count the days down right along with my kiddos! But, even when summer finally arrives we find ourselves just as busy as we are during the rest of the year. That keeps me constantly reaching for my instant pot on a regular basis. I love making sure we can have a nice dinner on the table even on the most hectic days.
I modeled these Instant Pot Pork Chops after my recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it! Everyone in my house loves the slow cooker pork chops so much that I wanted the Instant Pot recipe to be as similar as possible! If you’re looking for more pork chop recipes, be sure to try out these delish Baked Pork Chops with Rice too! If you’re an air fryer user, definitely try these Air Fryer Pork Chops they’re just amazing!
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops:
To make pork chops in your instant pot you will want to start with five pork chops. This will be anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. You can use bone in OR bone out pork chops for this recipe. They simply get seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder then seared on high just until browned on both sides.
The next step to making sure that your pork chops turn out successful is to remove the pork chops to a plate and deglaze your pot. You can see in the picture below that to deglaze I have poured in 1/4 cup of beef broth, then, scraped the browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. It is important to sear the chops for best flavor. It is equally as important to deglaze so that you don’t get the dreaded “burn” warning as your pork chops cook.
Next, you will turn the instant pot off and add your pork chops back into the pot. Along with the pork chops add in your remaining broth, seasonings, and cream of chicken soup. I used cream of chicken with herbs, you can substitute for cream of mushroom if you prefer.
At this point, there is no need to stir! Simply place the lid on the pot and set for 8 minutes cook time. Keep in mind that it will take about 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure. Then, you will have 10 minutes of natural pressure release time after the chops are done cooking. It is always best to natural pressure release meat for the most tender and best texture.
Once your pork chops have cooked and you have allowed them to natural release for 10 minutes you can release any remaining pressure and remove the lid from the pot.
Remove the pork chops to a serving platter and cover with foil if desired to keep them warm. Next, you will turn your pot on to saute and add a cornstarch and water slurry. Be sure to whisk constantly while adding the slurry. The gravy will thicken up right away.
Serve the pork chops with the gravy and your favorite sides! We love this over rice or mashed potatoes with a big side salad or fresh steamed green beans!
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy
- Season the pork chops on both sides with the salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and turn on to saute. When the oil is hot brown the pork chops on each side for 2-3 minutes just until browned.
- Remove the pork chops from the instant pot.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the beef broth (this doesn't have to be exact) into the instant pot and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the instant pot off and add the pork chops along with the ranch dressing mix, brown gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and remaining beef broth to the pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual for 8 minutes. Allow for 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure, 8 minutes of cook time, and 10 minutes to natural pressure release.
- After 10 minutes of natural pressure release, release any remaining pressure from the pot and remove the lid.
- Remove the pork chops from the pot to a serving plate.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water. Turn the instant pot on to saute and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Whisk constantly until gravy is thick, then, turn off the instant pot.
- Serve the pork chops with the gravy and your favorite side dishes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.