Instant Pot Beef and Noodles is a savory and comforting dinner recipe for your Instant Pot! Tender roast beef is cooked with soft egg noodles and served in a rich gravy!
Beef and noodles is a recipe that’s been a tradition in my family for quite some time! My mom always made a great roast and we looked forward the leftovers to serve with noodles and gravy. You know how I always love to mix things up and a great non-traditional beef and noodles is my Creamy French Onion Beef and Noodles! But, if you are looking for the classic comfort dish, this Instant Pot Beef and Noodles will be right up your alley!
How to Make Instant Pot Beef and Noodles:
First things first, you will turn your instant pot to saute mode and use either “more” or “high” saute if available. Add the olive oil and butter to your pot and allow it to warm up. While the oil is heating up, you will want to cube your meat. As you can see in the photo below, I cut mine into large cubes, they don’t have to be perfectly the same size.
Once your meat is cubed and your instant pot is warmed up on saute, you can start searing your meat. For a 2.5 pound roast, I was able to sear all of the meat in two batches. There is no need for the meat to be cooked all the way through at this point. Once the meat is seared, add it to a large plate and set aside.
Next, once you have all of the beef removed from the pot leave it on saute and add 1/4 cup of the beef broth. Quickly use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits of meat from the bottom of the pot. Now you can turn the instant pot off. Add the seared beef along with any juices that have collected on the plate as well as the Worcestershire sauce and remaining beef broth.
Now you can place the lid on your pot and set the valve to seal. In my 8 quart instant pot, it took 10 minutes for this to come to pressure, and 45 minutes to cook the roast.
Once the roast is cooked you will let the pot naturally release for 10 minutes. After that time, you can open the valve to release any remaining pressure. Turn the instant pot off and shred the beef. I shred the beef right in the pot but you can remove it and shred it in a large bowl or platter if preferred. O
Once the beef is shredded, turn the instant pot on to saute (LESS option if available) and add the noodles. Allow them to cook and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached.
While the egg noodles cook, whisk together your cornstarch and cold water. When the noodles are ready add your cornstarch slurry to the pot while it is still on saute mode and stir well. Turn off the instant pot at this point, serve the beef and noodles as-is or over a big bowl of Mashed Potatoes!
Instant Pot Beef and Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 2.5 Pound Beef Chuck or Bottom Round Roast
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 6 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 24 Ounce Bag Frozen Egg Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Turn the instant pot on to saute (high) and add the olive oil and butter.
- Cut the roast into large cubes and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- When the butter has melted add half of the beef cubes to the pot and sear on each side. Remove the beef from the pot to a large plate. Repeat searing with the second half of the beef cubes and then remove them to the plate.
- Add about 1/4 Cup of the beef broth to the instant pot and use a wooden spoon to deglaze and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the seared beef along with any juices that collected on the plate, the Worcestershire sauce, and remaining beef broth to the pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the valve to seal.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When the timer is up, allow the instant pot to natural pressure release (don't open the seal) for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, open the seal to manually release any pressure that is left.
- Open the instant pot lid and shred the beef then turn the pot back on to saute (less). Add the egg noodles and cook for 10 minutes until noodles are soft.
- While the noodles are cooking whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch slurry to the pot when the noodles are cooked with the pot still in saute mode.
- Turn the instant pot off and serve the beef and noodles immediately as is, or with mashed potatoes.